Higher Education Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Service Desk 7.5 - Work Incidents within Mobile Process Viewer Page

Posted Jun 25, 2013 06:20 PM

Currently configuring the Mobile aspect of Service Desk 7.5 MP1. A feature I am looking to configure is the ability to work an incident from a mobile process page. I was able to expose some task items like:

Edit Incident
    Manage Related Configuration Items
    Search Technet
    Manage Service Queues
    Manage Subtask Templates
    Reopen Incident
    Search Knowledge Base
    Create Bulletin Board Entry
    Submit KB
    Send Email

These were made available by enabling the process actions webpart.

Anyone encounter a method to expose the Work Incident task into the mobile process view page? Basically, if a worker of the system is away from the desk, they can close incidents from the mobile interface. I'm not looking for a custom configuration but something that could be configured in the Process Manager Portal. 

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Service Desk 7.5 - Work Incidents within Mobile Process Viewer Page

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2013 09:11 AM

Unfortunately the portal does not support working incidents using the mobile pages. 

• 3.  RE: Service Desk 7.5 - Work Incidents within Mobile Process Viewer Page

Posted Jun 26, 2013 10:02 AM

If you're looking to be able to work incidents using a mobile device for ServiceDesk 7.5 the only solution at the moment is to use the Mobile ServiceDesk app from Zitac Consulting (http://mobileservicedesk.zitac.net/). I've tried it and setup is relatively easy and the app is for iPhone and Android only at the moment,  I think it only costs like $50/license so it's not too expensive but Symantec really needs to get a mobile app of their own if they want to be competitive in this space.

• 4.  RE: Service Desk 7.5 - Work Incidents within Mobile Process Viewer Page

Posted Jun 27, 2013 02:40 PM

I applied for a license and have recieved a confirmation of a test account. This was an option I discovered as well in my research. I totally agree that a mobile option would be nice for working incidents from Symantec. I get this request to work incidents on a mobile device on almost every demo I do. Including task actions will alow you to access the full process view but its clunky and not great. I wonder how much is being invested in the mobile option. 

• 5.  RE: Service Desk 7.5 - Work Incidents within Mobile Process Viewer Page

Posted Jul 24, 2013 10:30 AM

Is there a way to expose the full process view into the mobile interface or even provide a link beyond the mobile process view into the non mobile interface?

• 6.  RE: Service Desk 7.5 - Work Incidents within Mobile Process Viewer Page

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2013 10:39 AM

I'm not aware of a way currently to expose the full process view page on a mobile device without simply disabling the ability to display mobile pages.