Chicago Endpoint Management User Group

View Only

Chicago Area Job Opportunity

• 1.  Chicago Area Job Opportunity

Posted May 06, 2010 12:34 AM

Hey Chicago User Group,

Since I'm currently happily employed, I was asked by my recruiter if I knew anyone who is looking for Altiris work in the Chicago area.  I am not a recruiter myself, but I wanted to pass along the info and try to help out anyone in the community that may be looking.  If you are interested, please send me a message and your resume and I will put you in touch.

Mike

------------- Job description ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Client is currently contracting with experienced Desktop Engineers to join our Enterprise Windows Deployment Solution Group. Candidates will provide expertise in the planning and implementation of Microsoft Windows 7/ XP\Vista and the Office suite of products.  The ideal candidate will also be able to provide guidance with planning and the selection of the most appropriate management infrastructure to support the deployment and management of a desktop environment.  This include identify and planning the usage of SCCM and Altiris or Desktop Authority management solutions. Candidates should be hard working individuals with the willingness to meet high customer satisfaction levels and provide industry thought leadership around Desktop Lifecycle Management.

* Proven design, planning and implementation experience with Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP deployments and migrations (500 seats+)
        * Extensive experience with customizing and troubleshooting the unattend.xml
        * Experience in Application compatibility assessment and Application Packaging
        * Experience in automation development using VbScripting
        * Experience in Microsoft SCCM and/or Altiris server design and implementation
        * Experience with server 2008 technologies
        * Experience with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit(MDT) solution accelerator
        * Extensive experience with Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) and Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V) products
        * Familiarity with the Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT) and Group Policy Preferences (GPP)

The position will also be responsible for the following:
        * Responsible for leadership and delivery of project based assignments that encompass system architecture, proof-of-concept and deployment services for Enterprise and Mid-Market customers.
        * Responsible for managing smaller projects or segments of larger projects.  Has moderate to heavy contact with middle and senior level executives. Requires proven project management and methodology skills.
        * Strong customer relationship skills and willingness to lead customers through successful challenging projects.

Business Requirements for Position:
        * Five years minimum experience in networking and infrastructure technologies
        * Two years minimum consulting experience
        * Proven written and presentation skills to various audiences

Additional skills and experience requirements:

• 7-10 years’ experience in working with deployment processes, tasks and procedures, and relevant experience or equivalent skills in networking technologies.  Understands DHCP, DNS, routing
        • Experience with architecting desktop image and deployment for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 deployments.
        • Extensive experience with designing and architecting System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) and Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V) solutions, Terminal Services (RDS)
        • Have experience using MDT to deploy images by leveraging the customsettings.ini file
        • Extensive packaging experience including packaging applications using the App-V sequencer