Chicago Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  SD.Email.Monitor error

Posted Jan 05, 2011 11:22 AM
      |   view attached

Every 5 minutes I get an error in the event log on our Service Desk server.

"Process:  Email Monitor Exception Component: Get Unread List Excetption Message: Error connecting to server. mac-exchange Exception Stack Trace: Quicksoft EasyMail. SSL. SSLConnectionException: Error connecting to server. mac-exchange ...> System.Net.Sockets.SoecketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.1.0.40:993 at System.Net.Sockets. Socket.DoConnect..."

The service desk server is listed as an internal relay on our exhange server (which is Exchange 2007)

Does anyone know what is causing the error and how I can fix it?

• 2.  RE: SD.Email.Monitor error

Posted Jan 05, 2011 12:03 PM

Every time I've seen this error, it's been either due to incorrect email settings.  Verify your SMTP server (you find this in Process Manager > Admin > Master Settings > Email Settings) is correct, and also verify the settings in Admin > Data > Applications Properties > ServiceDeskSettings, for the SMTPMailServer, as well as the SSL settings, mail server port, mail server, username/password, and protocol.

We ran into a similar issue during our implementation, and as soon as we made sure we were using the right username/password for the POP email monitoring and had configured the right mail server (HAS to allow POP, I think.  I'm pretty sure Exchange 2007 doesn't as configured out of the box) we were up and running.

• 3.  RE: SD.Email.Monitor error

Posted Jan 05, 2011 02:59 PM

On our Exchange server, per our Exchange admin, IMAP and POP services are disabled.   In Process Mgr > Admin >Application Properties the protocol is set as IMAP.  Is there another protocol setting that can be used besides IMAP or POP?

• 4.  RE: SD.Email.Monitor error

Posted Jan 05, 2011 05:41 PM

I havent seen anything other then pop and imap. I was in the same boat ( with v6 ) so i just created a VM and used microsoft pop server. Could as easily have been a linux email appliance if there are licensing issues in your shop.

• 5.  RE: SD.Email.Monitor error

Posted Jan 05, 2011 11:18 PM

As far as I can tell, and according to the SD documentation, it must be POP or IMAP.