Chicago Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  WISE Windows 7 User Profile exclusions

Posted Dec 03, 2010 12:37 AM

Does anyone know what the Windows 7 User profile exclusion list parameters are?

The repackage.ini has user specific exclusion related to XP (examples below):

*?\Local Settings\History\*

^?\local settings\temporary internet files\*

So it seams like "*?" and "^?" both specify current user profile exclusions in XP but not Window 7.

I'm looking to add additional Windows 7 user profile specific exclusions to our repackage.ini either manually or through the setup package configuration.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jamie

• 2.  RE: WISE Windows 7 User Profile exclusions

Posted Dec 03, 2010 01:07 AM

I haven't checked but if they would exist then they would look like:

*?\Local\History\*

^?\local\temporary internet files\*

• 3.  RE: WISE Windows 7 User Profile exclusions

Posted Dec 03, 2010 06:22 AM

For completeness, you may wish to download the WPS 8 eval and pull the repackage.ini from the installation file set. WPS 8 was updated to support Win 7, so I would assume the exclusions list would have been updated as well.

However, I have always found that the exclusions list is never as complete as I would like it, so I add to it by using the capture wizard to capture activities such as a reboot operation, opening and closing notepad, regedit, IE, control panel and any other functionality you find you use during packaging. Then include all these changes into the repackage.ini as well.