Chicago Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  'IIS APPPOOL\Classic .NET AppPool' not found error on service desk 7.1 install

Posted Mar 09, 2011 08:43 PM

Has anyone seen this error during the install of service desk 7.1

Database integration strategy failed due to an error: Error setting permissions: Windows NT user or group 'IIS APPPOOL\Classic .NET AppPool' not found. Check the name again.
    Windows NT user or group 'IIS APPPOOL\Classic .NET AppPool' not found. Check the name again.
    User or role 'IIS APPPOOL\Classic .NET AppPool' does not exist in this database.
    Granting DB access to users failed. You must manually set up accounts like NETWORK SERVICE and ASPNET to have permissions to this database.
    System.Exception: Database Configuration could not be installed correct. Installation cannot be continued
       at Symantec.Workflow.Installer.InstallerManager.Run()
    Installation Failed.

I get the normal asp.net cert waring before install, but stumped on this one.

Tried installing as service account, and not as the service account.

Any help would be great after 6 hours of trying to figure this out.

• 2.  RE: 'IIS APPPOOL\Classic .NET AppPool' not found error on service desk 7.1 install

Posted Mar 11, 2011 06:51 AM

See the implementaion guide on page 65:

System Accounts Access page
    (Advanced Settings only) Specify which accounts on your system are
    granted access to the Process Manager database.
    These accounts are used to run queries on the database.
    If you install ServiceDesk in a dual-server environment and you grant the
    ASPNET account access to the Process Manager database, the installation
    fails. If this installation is for a dual-server environment, be sure to
    uncheck the ASPNET check box.

It was the solution in my testing environment - but i don't know which issues will be related to not having granted the rights to these accounts. I'm running an SQL2005 on 2003 Server box and the SQL doesn't want to know an defaultapppool Account at all.

• 3.  RE: 'IIS APPPOOL\Classic .NET AppPool' not found error on service desk 7.1 install

Posted Mar 14, 2011 01:20 PM

I'll recommend to use KB31346 . Do not forget to add DOMAIN\servicedesk_server_name$ to local administrator group on SQL server if u r installing it on off-box sql server.

• 4.  RE: 'IIS APPPOOL\Classic .NET AppPool' not found error on service desk 7.1 install

Posted Mar 14, 2011 09:45 PM

Yep, same here ....

the MR2 install guide is basically useless here because so many things have changed with the introduction of 7.1

IIS 7 - what is the actual setup for this ?

My install is as follows.

Off-Box SQL

ServiceDesk Server is a member of the Administrator's group on the SQL server
    Installing as Domain Admin (NOT the service account)

I'm getting the following errors

Granting DB access to IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool

Database integration strategy failed due to an error: Error setting permissions: Windows NT user or group 'IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool' not found. Check the name again.
    Windows NT user or group 'IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool' not found. Check the name again.
    User or role 'IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool' does not exist in this database.
    Granting DB access to users failed. You must manually set up accounts like NETWORK SERVICE and ASPNET to have permissions to this database.
    System.Exception: Database Configuration could not be installed correct. Installation cannot be continued
       at Symantec.Workflow.Installer.InstallerManager.Run()
    Installation Failed.

Cheers

• 5.  RE: 'IIS APPPOOL\Classic .NET AppPool' not found error on service desk 7.1 install

Posted Mar 15, 2011 04:07 AM

Hi KazJim2

i had the same Problem, SD7.1 and off-box SQL. Solution is in my first my reply. just uncheck these accounts during the SD Setup so that it doesn't try to grant them the rights.

Regarding the IIS:

Most of the things you need are shown during the check before the SD Install actually starts. For me having ASP.NET, the .NET Framework, Basic and Windows Authenticaton and the Management tools installed.

I created a new apppool with Managed Pipeline Mode set to Classic and the Identity of the SD service-account (found out that using that pool for the processmanager was needed for me to get the integrated AD-Authentication for Users running). Aswell I switched the Identity of the workflow service to that service-account. I have set the DB-rights for that Account before I started the Setup because I had also issues with that when using the option to let the SD Setup grant the rights for that account.

Hope that may help a bit.

Additional intel: http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3524

• 6.  RE: 'IIS APPPOOL\Classic .NET AppPool' not found error on service desk 7.1 install

Posted Mar 16, 2011 01:57 AM

Here is also something that may be of use:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/web-site-dropdown-not-populated-installation-seervicedesk-71 

It is addressing a specific error, but the point of the article is that the IIS 6 Management Compatibility  components need to be installed.

Also, it is important to note what is going on in this article:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/server-error-processmanager-application-error-occurs-when-trying-log-servicedesk 

Basic, but tells about using the service account for the Default App Pool and the Symantec Workflow Server service.

Thank you,

Randall Newnham