Chicago Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Run Script task not working in Dell T3500 and WinPE

Posted Aug 25, 2011 08:12 AM

We are running DS 6.9 SP3.

I have a job that images my machines and run several scripts within WinPE (2.1).  This job works for every other model of computer we have (i.e. Dell Precision Workstation T3400, T7400, T7500, Optiplex 760, 780, Latitude E6410, E6420).  It does not, however, work with one of my new Dell Precision Workstation T3500 machines.  No matter what I place in the script it returns "Error 1 during script execution".  Normally, I would take that to mean that there is a syntax issue, however, that can't be the case if the same scripts work perfectly fine in every other model of machine that we are working with.

I have even tested with a script that has nothing but REM statements in it, no commands to speak of and that errors out as well.  I am at a loss of how to proceed on this one.  Any ideas out there?

• 2.  RE: Run Script task not working in Dell T3500 and WinPE
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 25, 2011 08:23 AM

Nevermind.  After posting this, I figured it out.  It appears that because there were two existing partitions that WinPE recognized on the machine, a DVD/RW drive and a multi-card memory reader drive, the drive letters used went all the way to "I:".  This is the drive letter that I chose to map to the express share.  Guess I never expected that "I:" would be too low in the drive letter chain.

After disconnecting the multi-card memory reader drive, it appears to be functioning just fine.