Chicago Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Package server ran out of space and "drive overflow" occured, need to revert.

Posted Jan 02, 2014 04:42 PM

I'm reading that if my package server runs out of space, it will switch over to the next available drive letter.

My default was d:\ but it ran out of space so package moved over to c:\.

My C: is now low on space as I've seen 10gb of packages there.  I'd like to move these back to the d:.  I'm even ok with deleting them and letting them download to the default d:.

The problem is I've tried deleted the standard software delivery "cache' folder and it just redownloads there.

I've deleted the packagestatus.xml under the d:\ program files directory tree and still back to c:.  

Finally all 3 locations have been deleted

Stopped Symantec Managment Agent

C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Package Delivery\{AFE7F00D-7425-0DC2-9752-D76E90ACD6C9}\cache

D:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Package Delivery\{AFE7F00D-7425-0DC2-9752-D76E90ACD6C9}

D:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Package Server Agent\PackageStatus\{AFE7F00D-7425-0DC2-9752-D76E90ACD6C9}

Restarted agent.

Upon restart of the agent and package status refresh, the are STILL going to the C: cache location :(

• 2.  RE: Package server ran out of space and "drive overflow" occured, need to revert.

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jan 02, 2014 05:30 PM

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Package Server

PackageServerBaseDir... is the path set to "D:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent"?

• 3.  RE: Package server ran out of space and "drive overflow" occured, need to revert.

Posted Jan 02, 2014 06:15 PM

Yes, the basedir is still the D: as expected.

I need to update my finding though.  If I delete the GUID for the package I'm after in all three locations, I'll do a package refresh under the package server tab and it WILL start downloading to D:\ now.  Not sure if it was because the GUID folder name had to be deleted (I was just deleting the files inside but left the guid named folder in place).

This also confirms that the basedir value is being honored.  I was going to create a new package just to make sure but now that the last test is going back to D: I'm sure that isn't it.

Now, if I HAVE to delete all three location, so be it. But's it's 103 folders. :(

I guess some type of powershell could be used.  But before I go that route, just wondering if there are other ways to get the files "moved".

• 4.  RE: Package server ran out of space and "drive overflow" occured, need to revert.

Posted Jan 02, 2014 06:23 PM

Hmm, tried just copying the GUID from the C: location to D: on about 13 folders.

8 downloaded to D: (from What I can tell, yes, they still downloaded even though I moved the entire contents including the cache)

the others went back to C:.

Tempted to just wipe all the snapshot.xml and packagestatus.xml files, move the guid folders with the CACHE contents, and refresh packages.

• 5.  RE: Package server ran out of space and "drive overflow" occured, need to revert.

Posted Jan 05, 2014 11:35 PM
    Isn't that an IIS thing? Check for different package shares inside.