United Kingdom Security & Compliance User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Welcome to the United Kingdom Compliance User Group

Posted Aug 25, 2010 08:09 AM
    I would like to welcome you all to join us in the UK's Compliance Security user group. I run from a Business perspective the Control Compliance Suite/ ESM / CCS Vulnerability Manager group in Europe as the Regional Product Manager in our division of Security Products Group in Symantec and am based at our UK HQ in Green Park Reading.

If you are reading this message and have not requested to join the group, please do so and I will approve your membership as quickly as I can.

Because of the large number of UK customers using CCS/ESM we have formed this group for you our customers to share ideas, product challenges, issues that your business may need to get widescale value from our products suite. This forum is for any (keep 'em polite and clean please!) discussion / assistance with your peer customers in similar roles to chat for needs, assistance and learn more of our products.

Coming from this forum in the next few months we'll pick a leader from the customer base, a location to have monthy (or quarterly, entirely up to you!) face-to-face meeting to learn and share more.

In addition it is always from my perspective nice to know if you feel we could enhance our products, so those can be a great topic as well.

Moving wider in Europe over the next few months we will be looking to establish at least 2 more groups in the next 6-9 months based on requests from yourselves.

I welcome you to our group, and hope you take the opportunity to make the most of it. 

Best,

Steve Blair
    Principal Regional Product Manager
    Green Park, UK

• 2.  RE: Welcome to the United Kingdom Compliance User Group

Posted Sep 06, 2010 08:47 AM
    A good afternoon to you all in the UK,

As a number of you may or may not be aware, there is a dedicated discussion forum for CCS on the STN (Symantec Technical Network) where you can gain semi-realtime assistance.

The link is here --> https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/security/forums/control-compliance-suite

Feel free to participate with our worldwide communtity if you want to as well.

Cheers,

Steve

• 3.  RE: Welcome to the United Kingdom Compliance User Group

Posted Sep 06, 2010 12:12 PM
    For those of you in the UK, or with co-workers stationed/living in the UK, they can join the UK Compliance Users Group https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/oguser/unitedkingdom-security-management-compliance-user-group registration page.

• 4.  RE: Welcome to the United Kingdom Compliance User Group

Posted Oct 01, 2010 09:50 AM

Hi Steve

I have a quick question which I'm not sure will give a quick answer. I have been requesting some information on what if any product enhancements can we expect from ESM.

My reason for asking is driven by the need to try and find a solution to compliance monitoring for IIS, Exchange and VMWare.

Current methods are manual checks only. I'm told that ESM has no current capability when it comes to measuring compliance of these applications. Is this still the case?

Thanks

Ian