Columbus Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  3rd Party Cert issues and log exporting

Posted Feb 25, 2016 04:28 PM

I have had an issue exporting CSV log files in Chrome and IE. Chrome gives you a broken page with a Sad face. IE states "Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate. " 

The Cert is from a 3rd party trusted site.  Chrome and IE trust this certificate and I also installed it locally on the PC.  

What is happening in my environment, thanks to chrome's details, is it looks like when I run an export its converting the server name to its IP address instead FQDN. If I cut and paste the URL to the CSV pointed out with the red arrow and replace the ip with the FQDN, it downloads the CSV. Any idea why it would be doing this?  I have many administrators logging into the web console for reporting, and this workaround would not be viable for them.

Thanks

SEPERROR.jpg

• 2.  RE: 3rd Party Cert issues and log exporting

Posted Feb 29, 2016 03:31 PM

What version of SEPM are you running?

Closest article I found was this:

Content is blocked when viewing the Web console after installing a self-signed certificate

Content is blocked in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Web console

...but it was only relevant to an older, unsupported version of SEPM.

Or maybe the cert didn't install properly?

• 3.  RE: 3rd Party Cert issues and log exporting

Posted Feb 29, 2016 05:15 PM

its 12.6 Mp3.  I would think cert as well, but it works on all client comminications and everywhere else in the console.  I will probably place a ticket