Columbus Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  User name changes in SMP 7.1 SP2 - why?

Posted Feb 29, 2012 09:48 AM

Hey everyone,

I recently reloaded my SMP 7.1 SP2 server as it was extremely problematic.  One of the odd problems I was hoping to be resolved with a clean load still appears to be an issue and I'm not sure what's causing it or how to fix it.

I import my users from Active Directory and all of their information comes in perfectly.  I am noticing that, at random, the "User Name" will change from "Firstname Lastname" to "username.DOMAIN" while their Display Name, Full Name, and all other details remain the same.

If I do a full AD import, the name returns back to Firstname Lastname as it should be, but at some point in the future it will change back to username.DOMAIN.

This is more of an annoyance because when we go to reassign asset ownership, you can no longer count on typing "John" to search for John Doe or John Smith if his user record changed to the username.DOMAIN format.

Any ideas besides continually running full AD imports all of the time?

• 2.  RE: User name changes in SMP 7.1 SP2 - why?

Posted Jun 18, 2012 06:29 AM

hi, 

I am having the same issue on our SMP 7.1 SP2, did you find any solution?

it seems, it is changed to username.domain when an actual asset is assigned to such user but as you said, only full AD import replaces it back.

thanks,

• 3.  RE: User name changes in SMP 7.1 SP2 - why?

Posted Jun 18, 2012 06:39 AM

I spoke with an engineer at Symantec about this a few weeks ago and he mentioned it was a bug due to be fixed in the 7.5 release, though I've never been able to find anything in black and white stating that.

• 4.  RE: User name changes in SMP 7.1 SP2 - why?

Posted Jun 18, 2012 09:30 AM

that we will need to wait quite a while for resolution then

thanks for sharing this