Columbus Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  NS7 Report URL without header?

Posted Oct 25, 2010 03:59 PM

I've heard in several webcasts and user group meetings there was something you could add to the URL of a report in NS7 so it would only show the report and not the header.  Does anyone remember what that is?  Symantec was touting it as a good solution to be able to integrate NS7 reports into a SharePoint portal page.

This is stemming from an issue I ran into while customizing the menus so I can give my team an easy portal to hit commonly used areas without having to go hunting.  When I create a Single Page View menu item and link it directly to a report I get an Object reference not set to an instance of an object error, but if I link directly to the report's URL it works but creates a second Symantec Management Console menu right below the existing one.

• 2.  RE: NS7 Report URL without header?

Posted Nov 05, 2010 11:20 AM

I was wondering about this myself. I don't see any other answers, but I found an older link to NS6, which in effect said to "open in a new window and copy and paste the hyperlink into Sharepoint". That didn't seem very intuitive to me.

• 3.  RE: NS7 Report URL without header?

Posted Nov 08, 2010 09:16 AM

After running a report if you right click on the report's gray bar menu (Actions | Save As | Print | Refresh) and select properties you can copy the address URL.  When you paste the address URL into a brower the report opens without displaying the Symantec Management Console menu.