Columbus Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Workflow Repositories in Service Desk 7.1

Posted May 12, 2011 02:29 PM

We have just installed ITMS 7.1 and Service Desk 7.1 in our environment and are in the process of learning how to cconfigure them.  I have run up against a problem regarding the use of the workflow repository on the SMP.  As I understand it this idea is that I can load my published workflows for service desk on that repository and the access them from workflow manager on another system.  The problem that I am having is how you actually load the service desk workflows on the repository in the first place.  I would appreciate any help.

• 2.  RE: Workflow Repositories in Service Desk 7.1
    Best Answer

Posted May 14, 2011 09:07 AM

First make sure you have access to the repository from the WF manager. In the credentials manager on your computer with WF manager installed, make sure you are using an account with rights to the repository.

Open the SD project in WF manager, and from the file menu select Check In. You should get a notice about creating a package in the repository.

Or, you could use the import function. Select the folder in the repository and click import.  Navigate to your SD project and select the main workflow file.

That should do it.

rob

• 3.  RE: Workflow Repositories in Service Desk 7.1

Posted May 16, 2011 08:25 AM

I followed your directions and everything worked.  The instructions in the user manual were a little confusing.  Thanks for your help.