Chicago Security User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Find if a group is in use

Posted Aug 09, 2012 04:37 PM

On CCS 10.5 and I have a bunch of AD groups that should no longer be in use. I want to see if they are in local groups/ on shares/NTFS permissions.  Is there a canned query or something to get me started.  I have the groups in a text file but using that for scope wont go to all my machines.

There is also no way I can tell if you can put the file in to a filter?  there are over 50 groups needed to be checked.

any help would be great.

• 2.  RE: Find if a group is in use

Posted Aug 10, 2012 04:06 PM

I don't think you will be able to do this easily within the CCS Data Collection console.  I would recommend the following:

Group Query scoped to servers and local groups that you are interested in  and then list the group members.  Run this query and export out to SQL Table.  Then build another table with all of the groups you are concerned with and build a SQL Select statement to look for any existence of items in the table of groups.    This would be the best way to try and accomplish what you are trying to do.   There is no good way to pass a list of groups as a scoping mechanism or in a filter.