Reporting Group

View Only
  • 1.  Inventory numbers for my computers do not match

Posted Sep 24, 2019 09:37 AM

I am looking over reports under IT Analytics > Reports > Computer. Underneith Computers there are a few canned reports by CPU/Manufacture/etc. If I look at Manufacturer the number of Dell computers is just over 20,000. My total amount of licenses right now is 2536 and I currently have 2428 managed clients under Manage > Computers.

• 2.  RE: Inventory numbers for my computers do not match

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2019 04:50 AM

Hi MJammer!

1. How often and successfull processing of installed ITA 'cubes' data in your environment?
    2. Was there any reconfigurations of ITA product, IT Analysis/reportings services changes from 1 to 2nd and ITA databases settings changes?
    3. Looks strange and assumption that IT Analytics functions got wrong queries. If you have ability, then open SQL Management studio where "Symantec_CMDB" is running, go to progammability -> functions -> set filter to 'Table-valued Functions' to see only IT Analytics related functions and via mouse right click just quickly check their content (to make sure that there is nothing wrong and no duplicate entries, etc)

Thanks,

IP.

• 3.  RE: Inventory numbers for my computers do not match

Posted Sep 26, 2019 08:56 AM

Hi Igor, I just recently added IT Analytics Cubes and Reports. I never set them upIT Analytics configuration with my sql's Symantc_CMDB initially. Once the configuration was completed, I Processed the cubes once, but should I be processing them routinely? I am in sql studio and filtered down to the ITA entries. What am I supposed to choose when I right-click to see the contents?

• 4.  RE: Inventory numbers for my computers do not match

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2019 10:12 AM
    • MJ: I Processed the cubes once, but should I be processing them routinely?
    • IP: Depends whether you need fresh appropriate data about resource in these ITA reports. Otherwise, each data processing task gathers latest information from Symantec_CMDB, so you will see more fresh data in ITA reports.

• MJ: I am in sql studio and filtered down to the ITA entries. What am I supposed to choose when I right-click to see the contents?
    • IP: Yeap, mouse right click on each fnIT..... and quickly check their content. Maybe you will see something duplicating there, etc

(Also we can compare your all existing functions from ITA with mine, since I don't see such problems in my ITA reports. So if you will have a time to mouse right click each existing fnITA..... in your SQL Studio, copy each function content into .txt file and set for each .txt file name of ITA function for further comparison).

• 5.  RE: Inventory numbers for my computers do not match

Posted Sep 26, 2019 10:52 AM

Your pretty much informing me to setup a schedule for processing in order to keep the info I want to report against up to date?

When I right-click on the fnITA what am I choosing? Script Function As, New Inline Table Valued Function, etc? Forgive me, sql and sql studio have not been my area of expertise. 

• 6.  RE: Inventory numbers for my computers do not match

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2019 12:03 PM

MJ: Your pretty much informing me to setup a schedule for processing in order to keep the info I want to report against up to date?

IP: Since ITA reports don't get latest data from managed resources via NSE files that arrived to NS, ITA has processing task per checked 'Cube' to get latest data from Symantec database into ITA report database. So you will need to set correct schedule to make sure that your 'gather inventory', etc tasks are done and Symantec database has latest information, after that will be good to execute ITA reports processing to populate there latest data as well.

MJ: When I right-click on the fnITA what am I choosing? Script Function As, New Inline Table Valued Function, etc? Forgive me, sql and sql studio have not been my area of expertise. 

IP: Right click on each ITA function -> Modify -> you'll see content (If you will save each function content with it's name as .txt, then send me them all via private message, I'll compare them with my as soon as possible)

• 7.  RE: Inventory numbers for my computers do not match

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2019 01:51 AM

After comparison, looks like your function doesn't have part of content which my "fnITAnalytics_CMDB_HWComputerSystem" function has in ITMS 8.1 RU7
    Sent 'fnITAnalytics_CMDB_HWComputerSystem' function from my ITMS 8.1 RU7 and other details.