Reporting Group

View Only
  • 1.  Help modifying report

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Oct 08, 2019 07:55 AM

I have custom inventory set up to capture bitlocker status, and a daily email that sends that info to me which is working great.

I'm wondering if I could clean up the report to remove VMs from my bitlocker off report.

This is what my report looks like now.  I'm clueless when it comes to reporting.  Can anyone help?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Help modifying report

Posted Oct 08, 2019 09:40 AM

Do you have a Filter with only the machines you want to check this value against?

It depends how you are determining what machines are a VM.

• 3.  RE: Help modifying report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 08, 2019 12:21 PM

Seems like you will need to add additional join in Inv_AeX_AC_Identification table and also additional operator with condition in 'Query' tab to exclude 'VM" machines from this report using Inv_AeX_AC_Identification.[Hardware Serial Number] or Inv_AeX_AC_Identification.[BIOS Serial Number]

or try from 'Filter Expression', add/set condition to exclude machines which have data like VMware n Inv_AeX_AC_Identification.[Hardware Serial Number] or Inv_AeX_AC_Identification.[BIOS Serial Number] columns.

VM managed machines sending their unique data there via basic inventory and it looks like 'VMware-42 09 10 5e aa 58 89 f4-07 49 24 9' so better to check Inv_AeX_AC_Identification.[BIOS Serial Number] what other values are there if you have there not only vmware virtual machines.

Inv_AeX_AC_VirtualMachine sql table contains only virtual machines

• 4.  RE: Help modifying report

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Oct 10, 2019 07:09 AM

I created a filter "VMWare clients" (weird this isn't built in since it shows VM folder on the computer screen under views) - but not sure how to translate that over to the report, unfortunately.

SELECT Guid 
     FROM RM_ResourceVirtual_Machine

• 5.  RE: Help modifying report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 10, 2019 07:25 AM

Could you please export your report into .xml and send it to me for review/possible solution to add there?

• 6.  RE: Help modifying report

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Oct 10, 2019 12:48 PM
      |   view attached

sure, should have done that from the beginning.  I sometimes forget that's a thing in the console.  Thanks for your time.

below is resolved query, too

DECLARE @v1_TrusteeScope nvarchar(155)
       SET @v1_TrusteeScope = N'{2E1F478A-4986-4223-9D1E-B5920A63AB41},{582029E2-FC5B-4717-8808-B80D6EF0FD67},{AB3A7B62-A109-4DB3-8107-22D28E0C7813},{B760E9A9-E4DB-404C-A93F-AEA51754AA4F}'
    SELECT
       [vri2_Computer].[Guid] AS [_ItemGuid],
       [vri2_Computer].[Name],
       [dca4_H_Bitlocker_Status].[BitlockerDriveCEnabled],
       [dca3_AeX AC Primary User].[User]
    FROM
       [vRM_Computer_Item] AS [vri2_Computer]
          LEFT OUTER JOIN [Inv_AeX_AC_Primary_User] AS [dca3_AeX AC Primary User]
             ON ([vri2_Computer].[Guid] = [dca3_AeX AC Primary User].[_ResourceGuid])
          LEFT OUTER JOIN [Inv_H_Bitlocker_Status] AS [dca4_H_Bitlocker_Status]
             ON ([vri2_Computer].[Guid] = [dca4_H_Bitlocker_Status].[_ResourceGuid])
    WHERE
       (
          (
             ([dca4_H_Bitlocker_Status].[BitlockerDriveCEnabled] = 0)
             AND
             (0 = 0)
          )
          AND
          ([vri2_Computer].[Guid] IN (SELECT [ResourceGuid] FROM [ScopeMembership] WHERE [ScopeCollectionGuid] IN (SELECT [ScopeCollectionGuid] FROM dbo.fnGetTrusteeScopeCollections(@v1_TrusteeScope))))
       )

Attachment(s)

xml
    Bitlocker Disabled2.xml   15 KB 1 version

• 7.  RE: Help modifying report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 10, 2019 01:58 PM

I'm not able to modify your report, because it depends on custom data classes which aren't available in my database, I thought that probably this way below can help to solve your case (Alex Hedley was on right way :)

1. Import attached custom filter "Only Virtual Machines are in this filter.xml"  (Console -> Filters)

2. Import attached custom filter "Only Physical machines here excluding virtual machines.xml" (Console -> Filters)

3. Clone your existing report and go to Edit mode, put this query in 'Query" tab (Additional operator marked below)

DECLARE @v1_TrusteeScope nvarchar(MAX)
       SET @v1_TrusteeScope = N'{2E1F478A-4986-4223-9D1E-B5920A63AB41},{582029E2-FC5B-4717-8808-B80D6EF0FD67},{AB3A7B62-A109-4DB3-8107-22D28E0C7813},{B760E9A9-E4DB-404C-A93F-AEA51754AA4F}'
    SELECT
       [vri2_Computer].[Name],

JOIN CollectionMembership cm
        ON cm.[ResourceGuid] = _ItemGuid
              AND cm.[CollectionGuid] = '%Filter%'

FROM
    WHERE
       (
          (
             AND
             (0 = 0)
          )
          AND
          ([vri2_Computer].[Guid] IN (SELECT [ResourceGuid] FROM [ScopeMembership] WHERE [ScopeCollectionGuid] IN (SELECT [ScopeCollectionGuid] FROM dbo.fnGetTrusteeScopeCollections(@v1_TrusteeScope))))
       )

4. Now go to "Query Parameters" -> +Add -> create a new parameter with basic GUID and specified there guid  49219ba0-c17f-42ce-99c3-a07463e6252c and set name Filter

5. Go to "Report Parameters" and create there new parameter with type "Basic GUID" and "Value Provider" filter choose parameter control --> specify there this GUID as well 49219ba0-c17f-42ce-99c3-a07463e6252c

• 8.  RE: Help modifying report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2019 12:33 AM

SymConnect page doesn't allow to modify previously mentioned query... Please use this one

DECLARE @v1_TrusteeScope nvarchar(MAX)
    SELECT
       [vri2_Computer].[Name],

FROM

JOIN CollectionMembership cm
    ON cm.[ResourceGuid] = _ItemGuid
    AND cm.[CollectionGuid] = '%Filter%'

WHERE
       (
          (
             AND
             (0 = 0)
          )
          AND
       )

• 9.  RE: Help modifying report

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Oct 14, 2019 06:54 AM

set up the new query and report paramater, used 2nd query... and can't save - get error "Report saving failed: An unexpected SQL error occurred when retrieving the schema from the RawSqlDataSource."

I can just live with the VMs... something else in CMS that I didn't think would be so complicated.

Thanks for your time, Igor and Alex.

• 10.  RE: Help modifying report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 14, 2019 07:23 AM

Hi Sally!

NS log should show exact place of sql query line number where is a mistake. Could you please show it?