New England Security User Group

View Only
  • 1.  SD 7.1: Problem with Incident Name (Title)

Posted May 26, 2011 10:59 PM

I seem to have an issue with incident titles and names, or really in changing those names once the incident is created.

If an incident is created and then a worker goes in and edits the incident details and changes the title, once the changes are saved the title in the upper-left updates itself correctly and the history shows the title change. However, the (or name) directly under "My Actions" remains the old title, even after a closing and opening of the incident. What's worse is that the title doesn't change when looking at the worker's queue! Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know how I could remedy this? WIth the lack of a user-editable Status option like in HD, our workers add that status to the title but if it isn't showing up correctly in the report then they will have issues. (Not to mention other times when we need to alter the title and see it on the view!)

• 2.  RE: SD 7.1: Problem with Incident Name (Title)
    Best Answer

Posted May 31, 2011 11:47 AM

I can confirm that anything that references the task name (task-based reports, "My Actions") does not update.  Anything that references the incident name (incident-based reports, titles spots in the screen) does update.  I'm sure if you open a case with support you'll get the standard answer I get, which is that this is "working as designed" and you should "submit a feature request via the IDEAS area of Connect."

• 3.  RE: SD 7.1: Problem with Incident Name (Title)

Posted May 31, 2011 02:13 PM

That's what I figured. I can just alter the report for now to show task title rather than process title which seems to change when the incident details change.

Thanks!