New England Security User Group

View Only
  • 1.  ServiceDesk 7.1: Login Page Changes

Posted May 31, 2011 04:22 PM

I've been reading on other posts on how/where to make changes to the primary login page so that I can eliminate "username" since we can log in with email address only. I had thought that it was C:\Program Files\Symantec\Workflow\ProcessManager\login.aspx but when I make the changes I think I should make there and restart IIS, the old page is still displayed. I've even restarted the machine and then IIS once more and the same page is displayed. I also need to make the same change on the page (may be the same page) when a client clicks a link from an email and they're not running IE. I had thought this might be in a workflow but it actually seems to be open the ProcessManager page to log in and not the login page from the IM workflow.

Can someone point out where I can make these changes? We are running SD 7.1.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: ServiceDesk 7.1: Login Page Changes

Posted Jun 01, 2011 05:49 PM

I've been trying to figure out the same thing. It's not covered in any documentation I can find.

• 3.  RE: ServiceDesk 7.1: Login Page Changes

Posted Jun 07, 2011 10:10 AM

It is definately this as I have just made a change to it on my test environment and it took instant effect when I refreshed the browser on my client PC, without the need to restart IIS or do anything to the server.

I'm on 7.0 MR2 but I doubt there are any differences.  It is this line that I changed:

<td style="TEXT-ALIGN:right" nowrap>THIS IS THE BIT I CHANGED</td>
       <td><asp:textbox id="txtUsername" runat="server" cssclass="form"></asp:textbox></td>

It appears on line 96 of login.aspx

Have you purged your browser's temp internet files?  Rebooting won't do it.

• 4.  RE: ServiceDesk 7.1: Login Page Changes

Posted Jun 09, 2011 12:16 PM

That's what I've done and its no good. The page doesn't change no matter which browser I use. When I look at the login.aspx the changes are there but they are not showing up, at least not in 7.1.

• 5.  RE: ServiceDesk 7.1: Login Page Changes

Posted Jun 14, 2011 06:05 PM
    Unfortunately, the login.aspx page you took a screen shot of is the one I changed and the one not being honored at all. Still would love to know where else the main ProcessManager login page could be altered from.

• 6.  RE: ServiceDesk 7.1: Login Page Changes

Posted Jun 15, 2011 11:17 AM

I went back and saw what you meant by the change not being honored.  At runtime, the ProcessManager login page is being overwriten by CodeBehind values.  The workaround is to modify the existing line so that the CodeBehind value is hidden and then add a new line that doesn't use CodeBehind.  I updated my previous post with the workaround code.

• 7.  RE: ServiceDesk 7.1: Login Page Changes

Posted Jun 15, 2011 11:53 AM

That was exactly what I was looking for!

• 8.  RE: ServiceDesk 7.1: Login Page Changes
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 17, 2011 11:26 AM

The ProcessManager Login.aspx file is using CodeBehind that is overwriting the Literal ID="litUserName" value at runtime.  To workaround that, you can modify the Literal ID line so that it's hidden and then add a Label ID line that contains your custom text.

REPLACE the line:
    <td style="TEXT-ALIGN:right" nowrap><asp:Literal ID="litUserName" Text="E-mail Address or Username:" runat="server" /></td>

WITH the lines:
    <%-- Modified the Literal ID line so that it's hidden and then added a Label ID line that contains custom text--%>
    <td style="TEXT-ALIGN:right" nowrap>

<asp:Literal ID="litUserName" Text="E-mail Address or Username:" runat="server" Visible="False" />
    <asp:Label ID="_labelCustomUserName" runat="server" Text="Email Address:"></asp:Label>
    </td>