New England Security User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Jobs error when running as specific users

Posted Apr 05, 2011 10:48 AM

We're currently testing Notification Server 7.1. When trying to push jobs or tasks to clients we've run into an issue only when choosing a username/password for the task/job to run us. So far in testing any job created that runs as the currently logged in user works fine. When changing a script to run as a specific domain user (even if it's the same user that is currently logged into the machine) we get the following error 1073741502. When running a software install task as a specific domain user we get the error 2147024894. I've tried domain\username and user@domain. I've also tried multiple domain accounts on multiple computers with the same results. Has anyone run into this issue?

• 2.  RE: Jobs error when running as specific users

Posted Apr 05, 2011 11:08 AM

or rather, if you run with the agent credentials?

• 3.  RE: Jobs error when running as specific users

Posted Apr 05, 2011 05:04 PM

It looks like running a script that installs a piece of software will work with the agent, however if I run the package delivery task to install the same piece of software I still get the same error as before. 2147024894

• 4.  RE: Jobs error when running as specific users

Posted Apr 13, 2011 07:41 AM

In Windows 7? if yes, disable uac and try again

• 5.  RE: Jobs error when running as specific users

Posted May 26, 2011 01:48 PM

I have this same problem with 7.0.8800! Once my agents updated all my tasks stopped working that ran with a specific user account. System creds and current logged on user options work though.

• 6.  RE: Jobs error when running as specific users

Posted Oct 24, 2011 12:04 PM

Hi Thomas, this a big problem also for our customers.

• Windows 7 with UAC, not able to run any script using a defined user login, works using
      Symantec Management Agent credentials
      or
      currently logged in user
    • It works if deactivating the UAC: This workaround is not acceptable.

Does any body already open a Symantec Mysupport Case this issue, and get any "ID" to follow this case ?

If not, we will create one, and publish in there !

I do not find any KB this problem.

Can you publish an internal Symantec following tag if any?