New England Security User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Windows 7 Systems not included in Default Workstation Collections

Posted Feb 24, 2010 02:42 PM

When reviewing all win32 workstations or All win64 workstations, or just All windows workstations, the Windows 7 systems are not included.  I know that we can clone and manually update the collections to act as a replacement but does anyone know if there will be a "fix" for NS 6 for the default computer collections?

• 2.  RE: Windows 7 Systems not included in Default Workstation Collections

Posted Feb 24, 2010 02:57 PM
    There are quite a few known issues with Windows 7 in NS6.  It's possible that better support will be released for NS6, but I haven't seen nothing concrete regarding a fix.  This KB discusses the known issues with Windows 7 on NS6: https://kb.altiris.com/article.asp?article=50708&p=1

Though I thought at least, like most out of date programs, it would report Windows 7 as though it were Windows Vista.

• 3.  RE: Windows 7 Systems not included in Default Workstation Collections

Posted Feb 25, 2010 11:51 AM
    ...is that an update for CMS 6.x will be released sometime before midyear to include Agent/Solution support for Windows 7 and 2008 R2.  The Altiris Agent does identify Win7 machines properly, but as you said you'll have to manually update the collections to include them.