New England Security User Group

View Only

SD 7.1: Very odd issue with DB

• 1.  SD 7.1: Very odd issue with DB

Posted May 19, 2011 01:29 PM

Here's the backstory. We had to move the ServiceDesk DB from one SQL 2008 server to another. When that was done we re-ran the installation as suggested by the KB article from Symantec. Things seemed to go ok. We did have a few orphaned tickets which we could close using another suggestion on the forums.

The issue we have now is that when one runs the default "Trend of New Incidents by Date" report that is shown in the Dashboard, the only incidents that appear there are the ones prior to the move. No new incidents show up. If I remove the "Add Incident Management to Report" all of the incidents for the month appear. When I look at the SQL for the report it adds these lines (with IM turned on):

inner join
        ServiceDeskIncidentManagement as ServiceDeskIncidentManagement5 with (NOLOCK) on
            ((ServiceDeskIncidentManagement5.process_id = Process.ReportProcessID))

So I went ahead and looked at dbo.ServiceDeskIncidentManagement and sure enough, no new tickets appear there at all! 

Does anyone know where they're going, how to fix this and if it has any long-lasting effects on the SD installation other than reporting?

It looks like they are initially getting set in dbo.Task and they get a taskID but how do I fix this to get them back associated with IncidentManagement?