User Group Security & Compliance Deutschland

View Only
  • 1.  2 questions regarding the release notes of SEP 12.1. RU2

Posted Nov 14, 2012 10:39 AM

I just read the Symantec™ Endpoint Protection, Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition, and Symantec Network Access Control 12.1.2 Release Notes and stumled over two things to clearify:

1. Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.2 does not support Windows To Go (2868431) - There is no workaround

Does that really mean you have to decide wether you install SEP or using Windows To Go?

2. Windows Server 2012 Essentials is not mentioned in the supported plattform section, neither for SEP 12.1 RU2 EE nor for SEP 12.1. RU2 SBE

Does that mean that Windows Server 2012 Esssentials is still not supported by RU2?

• 2.  RE: 2 questions regarding the release notes of SEP 12.1. RU2

Posted Nov 14, 2012 10:51 AM

Yes, it doesn't support it so it's your call on what you want to do.

It's not mentioned so that would be my assumption as well. You can probably install it but if something comes up you won't get support on it.

• 3.  RE: 2 questions regarding the release notes of SEP 12.1. RU2

Posted Nov 14, 2012 11:14 AM

Thank you, Brian81,

that´s exactly what I think.

If there are no further comments from "official site", I will mark your answer tomorrow as solution.

• 4.  RE: 2 questions regarding the release notes of SEP 12.1. RU2

Posted Nov 14, 2012 02:35 PM

I will ask for clarification regarding Windows Server 2012 Essentials. What I've seen suggests it is supported, but I'll double check. I can update the System Requirements KB and report back here with this clarification.

Installing SEP on a Windows To Go USB drive is, however, definitely not supported.

sandra

• 5.  RE: 2 questions regarding the release notes of SEP 12.1. RU2

Posted Nov 14, 2012 03:58 PM

SEP 12.1.2 Released guys..

Hugs....................

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/sep-1212-has-been-released-finally

• 6.  RE: 2 questions regarding the release notes of SEP 12.1. RU2
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 14, 2012 06:33 PM

nieronet: Just received confirmation that Windows Server 2012 Essentials is indeed supported for 12.1.2. I'll update the KB.

Edit: I did confirm that all four editions of Windows Server 2012 are supported with 12.1.2; in reviewing the KB document, however, I found the following notice at the very top:

Unless otherwise specified, all updates, editions, and Service Packs (SPs) for a listed Windows version are supported, e.g. Windows 7 = Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate editions, all SPs. As Microsoft releases new Service Packs for Windows, these requirements may need to be re-evaluated--the newest Service Pack may require an updated version of the Symantec Product.

I have bolded the "all updates, editions, and Service Packs (SPs) for a listed Windows version are supported" portion of the document to make it stand out a little more. (This statement does not appear in the release notes version of the System Requirements, unfortunately).

I hope this helps alleviate confusion.

sandra

• 7.  RE: 2 questions regarding the release notes of SEP 12.1. RU2

Posted Nov 15, 2012 03:12 AM

Thank you, sandra,

you answer all my questions.

I hope we will get a "Windows To Go" solution very soon, because I think, it will be one of the important features, as soon as there will be more certified USB sticks in the market.

Rolf