Washington DC Security User Group

View Only
  • 1.  LinkedIn Placeholder for June Meeting

Posted Apr 12, 2012 02:59 PM

I added a placeholder on LinkedIn for our next meeting on June 6th.  My goal is to have a Symantec person discuss the recent acquisitions of Odyssey and Nukona, and to explain our overall strategy for mobile device and application security. What else would you like to cover?

We're still looking for a location and presenters. Please let me know if you're interested. You will earn SymConnect points (aka Amazon  gift card time!)

Thanks,

Nick

http://www.linkedin.com/osview/canvas?_ch_page_id=2&_ch_panel_id=3&_ch_app_id=30&_applicationId=2000&appParams={%22event%22%3A981599%2C%22page%22%3A%22event%22}&_ownerId=0&completeUrlHash=6d_v

• 2.  RE: LinkedIn Placeholder for June Meeting

Posted Apr 16, 2012 08:04 AM

Hi Nick,

Cheers for organizing this event on June 6, 2012 at 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST. 

Personally I would like to see the forthcoming Symantec enterprise security product for Android receive some attention.  &: )

Can you provide a few details about who the target audience is for the event?  Techies, execs, what kinds of industries?

All the best,

Mick  

• 3.  RE: LinkedIn Placeholder for June Meeting

Posted Apr 17, 2012 04:22 PM

Mick,

Thanks for the reply.  Our last events have had everyone from the security admin up to the C-level execs from local companies.  Basically, we're interested in anyone who wants to participate in discussion around the business challenges associated with BYOD (bring your own device) adoption.

Thanks,

Nick

• 4.  RE: LinkedIn Placeholder for June Meeting

Posted May 21, 2012 03:45 PM

Hi Mick,

I will be the mobility presenter on the 6th, and will definitely be covering our forthcoming Symantec Mobile Security product.  Thanks for the suggestion and I hope to see you at the meeting.

-Chris

• 5.  RE: LinkedIn Placeholder for June Meeting

Posted May 22, 2012 04:38 AM

Excellent news, Chris!

There are new threats for Android detected all the time.  The need for such a product really is growing.

Here is some interesting reading fow all admins, execs and mobile phone users who are interested in keeping their Androids safe (and their money in their own pocket!)

http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/delving-andoidopfake

• 6.  RE: LinkedIn Placeholder for June Meeting

Posted Jun 07, 2012 05:18 AM

Hello Organizers,

Is there a recording of yesterday's meeting available for those who missed the event?  Please do supply the details when time allows.