Monitor and Server Health Group

View Only
  • 1.  Desktop Health

Posted Feb 03, 2011 11:20 AM

Hello All,

I am interested in knowing if any of the users within the Monitor Community are using Monitor Solution to monitor desktops.  I would like to hear your feedback.

• Did you encounter any issues with running the Monitor Plug-in on the Desktop?
    • Which Desktops have you installed the Monitor Plug-in onto?
    • Have you used any of the Monitor Packs from Symantec Connect and if yes what did you find useful?
    • What else have you monitored on the desktop not included in the connect packs?
    • What other OS's would you like to be monitored on the Desktop

Many Thanks,

• 2.  RE: Desktop Health

Posted Aug 11, 2011 10:51 AM

Hi Joe,

We intend to do some sort of monitoring against workstations, but have not started this as of today. One of the main sections we want to monitor is shares:

• is/are there any share/s?
    • what are the permissions against the share/s?

That one is something becoming more critical to us not just because of recent malware breakouts on shared folders.

Other things we do want to monitor are various services, but for that we do need the infrastructure in place first as we span 3 regions and do not want to overload the SMP.

Thanks, Bij

• 3.  RE: Desktop Health

Posted Aug 15, 2011 07:55 AM

Hello Bij,

This would be quite easy to add and i have already done so in my lab.  We could either use Net Share or Win32_Share and then parse the results to display.  Just waiting to find out which one display the best results and then i will include it into the Desktop Health Pack on Symantec Connect.

Great Suggestion.

Joseph Carson,