Monitor and Server Health Group

View Only
  • 1.  "The data could not be loaded." when applying filter to policy

Posted Sep 13, 2011 11:36 AM

Hi community,

I recently start facing an issue when trying to apply a filter as a target for a newly created monitor policy. We run SMP 7.1 with latest updates (which should also include the Monitor Solution - details can be provided if necessary).

Steps I perform are these:

1. Create a filter containing two servers only (ServiceDesk and additional Workflow Server)
    2. Create a task for starting a service (in my case the Workflow Server Service)
    3. Create a metric to handle the task
    4. Create a e-Mail notification task
    5. Create a new policy, which I name and apply the metric and also e-Mail task against.
    6. I save this and it is not enabled at that point.
    7. Now I want to apply the policy to the filter I created earlier and once I hit OK to return back to the main screen of the policy, i get the error specified in the subject.

I have successfully created a bunch of monitor policies already and they all work fine, but as soon as it comes to these two servers, I persistently run into this error. Does anyone know if these servers have to be modified in some way to allow monitoring or am I simply doing something wrong here?

Thanks, -BBC

• 2.  RE: "The data could not be loaded." when applying filter to policy

Posted Sep 13, 2011 03:04 PM

It could be a problem with the task.  Looks like you have three tasks -- can you try different groups of two tasks (service and metric, metric and e-mail, e-mail and service)?  One of these three should save, identifying the bad task, if a task is the cause.

For example, this KB suggests : is an invalid character:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH166344

Is there additional data in the Altiris Log Viewer at the time when you click OK in step 7?