Monitor and Server Health Group

View Only
  • 1.  Server Uptime Report-Excluding scheduled maintenance time

Posted Nov 08, 2012 12:05 PM

We are monitoring our windows servers using monitoring solution V7.1 SP2.

We need to get the uptime report of the servers everyday/weekly/monthly,etc.We need to know how to exclude the server from monitoring if i need to do some scheduled reboot on the server,also the uptime report excluding the scheduled downtime of the server.

Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: Server Uptime Report-Excluding scheduled maintenance time

Posted Dec 30, 2012 08:25 PM

I need to do the exact same thing.  Exclude monitoring, or at the very least, discard alerts.  There's a metric variable you can use when building discard rules called "InMaintenanceWindow", but I don't know what value it's looking for or how it works.  I can't find any documentation on it.

• 3.  RE: Server Uptime Report-Excluding scheduled maintenance time

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2013 03:41 AM

To exclude a client from monitoring, do the following:

1. Open the policy that monitors the client.
    2. On the policy page, under Applies To, open the target of the policy.
    3. In the Select computers dialog box, add rule that excludes the client from the policy by selecting exclude computers in, Computers list and entering the computer name:
    4. Click OK.
    5. On the policy page, click Save changes.
    6. Go to the client that you want to reboot and update the policy on the client.
      After you update the policy on the client, this computer does not get monitored and you can perform the planned reboot.

• 4.  RE: Server Uptime Report-Excluding scheduled maintenance time

Posted Jan 15, 2013 09:30 AM

Hi Triinu,

This might not be the solution for us since we have multiple policies configured for a single server.

We also need to identify the policy first and then exclude the servers which is not possible for "N" number of servers.

Will this be excluded in the availability report as well?

• 5.  RE: Server Uptime Report-Excluding scheduled maintenance time

Posted Jan 15, 2013 12:50 PM

We need to get the uptime report of the servers everyday/weekly/monthly,etc

You can use [Inv_OS_Operating_System].[Last Boot Up Time]

• 6.  RE: Server Uptime Report-Excluding scheduled maintenance time

Posted Jan 15, 2013 01:50 PM

Hi Oleg,

I didn't mean to get the uptime report based on the last boot up. I really need the uptime based on the availability of the server over a period of time.

i.e.server1 was 99.8% available over the past week.(and this should not have the maintenance downtime)