Monitor and Server Health Group

View Only
  • 1.  Monitor Solution Report

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Aug 16, 2013 11:20 AM

I'm trying to build a monitor solution 7.1 report which contains the same data as is made available through the monitor solution email tokens.

This is so that we can send custom emails using automation policies. This is to fill that functionality gap that Monitor Solution has with respect to other products like Nagios, IBM Director etc...

Has anyone done this? It would be fab if you have and can share it!

Kind Regards,
    Ian./

• 2.  RE: Monitor Solution Report

Posted Aug 16, 2013 01:51 PM

Hi Ian,

I left my job a few months ago, so I'm a bit rusty, but I did work quite a bit with Monitor solution and custom email alerts and sending information to log files. Can you elaborate just a bit more on what you are trying to accomplish?

Thanks,

--Al

• 3.  RE: Monitor Solution Report

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Aug 16, 2013 04:15 PM

Monitor is part of Server Management so I'm moving this thread.

• 4.  RE: Monitor Solution Report

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Aug 19, 2013 04:28 AM

Hi Al,

The background here is that we replacing a existing monitoring product with Altiris Monitor Solution. The previous solution drew our attention to unresolved alerts by nagging us at regular intervals with an email.

The Altiris solution does not natively permit repeat emails to be fired off as the triggers are driven by threshold traversal.

So the solution we are looking at is to create a report which details all outstanding alerts in the console and for the columns has the values that monitor solution normally presents through it's tokens.

Then we could have an automation policy fire every half-hour an alert email for every row in this report (using the variable replacement functionality in the automation policy).

Does that make sense?

@HighTower: Sorry about putting it into the wrong forum. I'm a bit rusty!