EMEA Endpoint Management and Mobility Group (EMM)

View Only
  • 1.  How can I automatically remove resources from a Custom Data Class?

Posted May 21, 2019 09:56 AM

Someone who can help me with this?

I have a CSV file with the colums "ComputerName" and "UserName". The CSV file is configured as a data source and that data source is imported into a custom data class on a schedule. This works as it should.

Now, I would like to make computers not in the CSV file to be removed from the custom data class. I cannot find that it is possible with the import task - it just adds or updates, and is not removing entries from the custom data class. Is it possible to do this? I guess it is possible to clear the custom data class and then let it repopulate, but how can I do that and schedule it?

• 2.  RE: How can I automatically remove resources from a Custom Data Class?

Posted May 21, 2019 11:33 AM

Are you creating new Computer Resources from this CSV or is this a Data Class attached to another Resource?

• 3.  RE: How can I automatically remove resources from a Custom Data Class?

Posted May 22, 2019 01:06 AM

Hi Alex,

The CSV updates existing Computer Resources;

• 4.  RE: How can I automatically remove resources from a Custom Data Class?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2019 02:59 AM

Well, "Purging Maintenance" doesn't allow to purge data from 'Inventory' data classes type and purges only from 'Event' data classes type.

About custom scheduled server job with few tasks sequence: You can create a Server Job -> include there SQL Query task to remove all data from custom data class and add 2nd task which will import fresh data via data connector import rule into this custom data class - set schedule with repeation for this "Server Job"

Andreas, did you try to use 'Update Mode:" - Replace , instead of current 'Update Mode: - Update" in your data connector import rule?

• 5.  RE: How can I automatically remove resources from a Custom Data Class?

Posted May 22, 2019 07:04 AM

Thank you Igor,

Changing the update mode did nothing, so I created a Server Job that deletes the rows in the Custom Data Class and have scheduled it to happen before the import.

• 6.  RE: How can I automatically remove resources from a Custom Data Class?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2019 07:11 AM

Great that it works for you!

Just a Note about such solution with sql query task to manually remove records from custom data class:

Do not manually delete rows from custom data classes in case if you are populating there data using custom vbs client script tasks which are running on client side and agents sending 'nse' files with inventory data in these custom data classes.

Best regards,

IP.