EMEA Endpoint Management and Mobility Group (EMM)

View Only
  • 1.  Include a target computer in a MSD Policy using Workflow

Posted Oct 09, 2013 03:40 AM

Hello guys !

Does anybody knows how to include a target (computer), in a Managed Software Delivery (MSD) Policy using Workflow?

Thank you in advance.

• 2.  RE: Include a target computer in a MSD Policy using Workflow

Posted Oct 09, 2013 07:40 AM

There should be a generated ASDK component called Add Inclusions (Symantec/SMP 7/Web Services/Collections) I think the intent of this component is to add a set of items to a filter/collection, though I might be wrong.

• 3.  RE: Include a target computer in a MSD Policy using Workflow

Posted Oct 09, 2013 08:02 AM

correct recardo, in addition I beleive you can creat a managed software delivery policy and add computers to the filter

• 4.  RE: Include a target computer in a MSD Policy using Workflow

Posted Oct 09, 2013 11:20 AM

Thanks reecardo ;-)

Nice !! It runs perfectly with Filters adding and removing computer targets (using also "Remove Inclusions component").

Unfortunately, it doesn't work in MSD Policy case :-(

Using que console; I have put the filter in the msd policy in "Applied To" field, and Save the policy; after that, I have modified the targets in the originary Filter (in Manage -> Filters), but there are no changes in policy's targets !!

After that, in worlflow; I was trying using "Add Inclussion component", using the <Resource Target> GUID from XML view of the msd policy; but returns an error :  "The specified collection guid is not valid."

It seems like msd policies work different with targets... any  idea? I really need to solve this for my work.

Regards !!

• 5.  RE: Include a target computer in a MSD Policy using Workflow
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 10, 2013 06:44 AM

Hi, folks !!

Today I have been testing components:

"Get Resources Targeted By Policy Component" 
    "Create Resource Target Component"
    "Assign Resource Targets To Policy Component"

"Get Resources Targeted..." works fine and retrieves the targets machine's GUIDs 

"Create Resource Target .. " works fine creating the target and retrieving the GUID for the new resource target

"Assign Resource Targets..." works fine, using the new resource target GUID, it appends to the policy.

Solved !! Very easy in fact !!

Thanks

• 6.  RE: Include a target computer in a MSD Policy using Workflow

Posted Oct 10, 2013 06:45 AM

Happy to hear you got this working.