EMEA Endpoint Management and Mobility Group (EMM)

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Workspace Streaming and Virtualization 7.5 SP1 is now available

Posted May 10, 2014 05:32 PM

Hello All,

I am very pleased to annouce that this week we have released the latest update for Symantec Workspace Streaming and Virtualization.  This release brings some very exciting new updates that not only simplifies application delivery and improves end user experience, enables VDI and BYOD.

For example we have added the following:

Windows 8.1 support

Improved Virtual Composer

Changed Driver load order

Added Portal RW layer capabiltiies

Simplified User Data Access control configuration

Network Application Streaming

The release notes can be found in the following location:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC7406

We will shorlty post some how to videos and the presentation and demo from Symantec Vision 2014.

I hope you find these improvements bringing more added value to your existing investment.

Kind Regards,

Symantec Product Management

• 2.  RE: Symantec Workspace Streaming and Virtualization 7.5 SP1 is now available

Posted May 12, 2014 06:38 PM

Hey Joe, it was great to meet you at Vision, sorry to hear you're leaving the SWV/SWS team :(

Do you have the download link to SP1?

Jason

Nevermind, I see it now.  http://www.symantec.com/workspace-streaming/trialware

• 3.  RE: Symantec Workspace Streaming and Virtualization 7.5 SP1 is now available

Posted May 16, 2014 02:58 AM

Hello Jason,

Many thanks, I hope you find the improvements very helpful and allows you to add more value to the business.  It is sad to be leaving but while I may have been the voice and ears for the past year the team behind the product are amazing and the new product owner Mike has vast experience in this area and will bring fresh new ideas.

best regards,

• 4.  RE: Symantec Workspace Streaming and Virtualization 7.5 SP1 is now available

Posted May 16, 2014 12:46 PM

Joseph is this version the one that will let us utilize all our exisitng licenses? so we dont have to purchase addtional license's ? 

• 5.  RE: Symantec Workspace Streaming and Virtualization 7.5 SP1 is now available

Posted May 19, 2014 04:32 AM

Yes that is correct.  This will utilize existing licenses.