New York Security User Group

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SEP external communication setting using custom proxy settings were removed after connect to ATP

• 1.  SEP external communication setting using custom proxy settings were removed after connect to ATP

Posted May 11, 2018 03:09 AM

After configuring SEPM to connect to ATP appliance, the SEPM external communication setting Private Cloud is enabled to use Advanced Threat Protection servers fro insight lookup and submission, also it has use Symantec sercer when private servers are not available.

This is expected and good.

However, I noticed that  my proxy server using custom proxy setting information were completely removed, is this bahior by design? I am afraid it might be a bug, SEP client will use Private Cloud setting if SEPM is configured to connect to ATP, that set will take precedence over the proxy server setting, but wipeout the custom proxy setting is not necessary.

Another issue I noticed, if I put back custom proxy setting, even though the provate cloud setting still enabled, the SEP client no longer communicate with ATP appliance.  

Does anyone have the similar setting experience the same issue?  Thanks  

• 2.  RE: SEP external communication setting using custom proxy settings were removed after connect to ATP

Posted May 31, 2018 01:42 AM

The bug has fixed by a new hotfix, the fix will be included in the next ATP release.

• 3.  RE: SEP external communication setting using custom proxy settings were removed after connect to ATP

Posted Jun 02, 2018 12:04 PM

Hi,

I have an another problem we are using SEP 14 RU1 and ATP 3.0.6 after complete configuration and integration in ATP there is no connection show in SEP client.

If you have any suggestion please update..

Regards

Amit