Groupe des Utilisateurs Altiris Suisses et Francophones Group

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Protection Center 2.0: Where to download ?

Migration User

Migration UserAug 31, 2011 07:52 AM

• 1.  Protection Center 2.0: Where to download ?

Posted Jun 18, 2011 05:59 PM

I hear about "Protection Center 2.0"... Free tools for SEP users... Nice tools... I can believe it, if I can see it?

Here what I find below... (http://www.symantec.com/business/protection-center)

Well seems not Yet available for download, perhaps as a beta somewhere? Please Symantec, care about your vendors, they told about products to customers they should download and use... But loosing customer time to find for downloading this, as not there yet !!

copy from http://www.symantec.com/business/protection-center

Symantec Protection Center

Symantec Protection Center is a centralized security management console that allows organizations to identify emerging threats, prioritize tasks and accelerate time to protection based on relevant, actionable intelligence. Symantec Protection Center 2.0 is scheduled to be generally available later this year. Symantec customers with active subscription status of integrated Symantec products will be entitled to Symantec Protection Center 2.0 and support for free. More detailed information will be available on our migration site when the product is available.

Symantec Protection Center 1.0 is available as part of the Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.6 release and can be downloaded on the Endpoint Protection FileConnect website. Protection Center 2.0 will ship later this year as a standalone product.
    Symantec Protection Center 2.0 is scheduled to be generally available later this year. Symantec customers with active subscription status of integrated Symantec products will be entitled to Symantec Protection Center 2.0 and support for free. More detailed information will be available on our migration site when the product is available.
    Any forward-looking indication of plans for products is preliminary and all future release dates are tentative and subject to change. Any future release of the product or planned modifications to product capability, functionality, or feature are subject to ongoing evaluation by Symantec, and may or may not be implemented and should not be considered firm commitments by Symantec and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.

• 2.  RE: Protection Center 2.0: Where to download ?

Posted Jun 18, 2011 06:46 PM
    We saw a demo of SPC 2.x this year at Vision. I am currently testing it (Beta) so I can assure you it does exist. I believe it's a closed Beta at this point.

• 3.  RE: Protection Center 2.0: Where to download ?

Posted Jun 18, 2011 07:36 PM

Hi Pascal,

SPC 2.0 is currently in beta.  Check out the symbeta (https://symbeta.symantec.com/login.html) to see if it is generally available through that route, but I believe that thatdude is correct when he states that it's a closed beta.

The latest news that I heard was that SPC 2.0 is expected to be released later on in 2011 (that is, not imminently).  I will keep this forum thread up-to-date and let you know when it is available.

Just one clarifying note: SPC 2.0 is light years removed from the SPC 1.0 that was introduced in SEP 11 RU6, and has nothing in common with the SPC from SEP Small Business Edition except the name.  SPC 2.0 is a brand new product.

Hope this helps!

Mick

• 4.  RE: Protection Center 2.0: Where to download ?

Posted Aug 03, 2011 04:40 AM

This phase of the SPC Beta program uses the SPC 2.0 Release Candidate Milestone build (v2.0.0.419)

It won't take long anymore and the product will be released...

• 5.  RE: Protection Center 2.0: Where to download ?

Posted Aug 31, 2011 05:49 AM

I got 2 times a quick talk of SPC, and recommandations from Symantec sales to see & install this product: (from June). Sure your sales departement are not late...

Hope able to see it soon :)

• 6.  RE: Protection Center 2.0: Where to download ?

Posted Aug 31, 2011 07:52 AM
    SPC 2.0 has been released. It's not Beta

• 7.  RE: Protection Center 2.0: Where to download ?

Posted Aug 31, 2011 11:43 AM

You can download SPC 2.0 at https://fileconnect.symantec.com and login using your SEP 12.1 or SPS 4.0 serial number (starts with an M#).

If you need help obtaining this serial number (found on Version Upgrade notification or license certificate), please contact Symantec Customer Care or open a webcase:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/assistance_information.jsp

Once you download, you will also need an installer and key for Windows 2008 R2 Web Core (not SP1).

SPC 2.0 is a great program for bringing stuff together, enjoy!

• 8.  RE: Protection Center 2.0: Where to download ?

Posted Aug 31, 2011 04:29 PM

Symantec customers with active an subscription status of an integrated Symantec product (see below) are entitled to Symantec Protection Center 2.0 and support at no cost.

Protection Center is the central management console for the Symantec Enterprise Security portfolio. It integrates with the following market leading Symantec solutions:

Symantec Endpoint Protection
    Symantec Network Access Control
    Symantec Messaging Gateway
    Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft® Exchange
    Symantec Data Loss Prevention
    Symantec Control Compliance Suite
    Symantec Encryption Family
    Symantec DeepSight Intelligence Services

This product is available on FileConnect. It is not available as a stand-alone product. Symantec Protection Center is included with the product files of the various Symantec products that it integrates with, including SEP 12.1, SEP SBE 12.1, SPS EE 4.0, SPS SBE 4.0, SPS EE for Endpoints 4.0, SPS ABE 4, etc.

A customer can currently use their serial number from any of the latest versions of Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) 12.1, Control Compliance Suite (CCS) 10.5.1, Symantec Protection Suite Enterprise Edition (SPS EE) 4.x, or SPS EE for Gateway 4.0 to download the SPC 2.0 ISO. It is zipped up and will need to be extracted, and then burned to a DVD.

• 9.  RE: Protection Center 2.0: Where to download ?

Posted Sep 01, 2011 04:52 AM

I wonder why in the SEP12 (or 11) DVD source. OK I will try to check using fileconnect.

• 10.  RE: Protection Center 2.0: Where to download ?

Posted Sep 01, 2011 10:14 AM

You are very welcome! You should not have any problems with FileConnect, but if you do then our Customer Care team can help you out with obtaining SPC 2.0.

SPC 2.0 needs to be on it's own DVD image (.iso) so you will not find it in the SEP DVD source.

• 11.  RE: Protection Center 2.0: Where to download ?

Posted Sep 01, 2011 11:25 AM

Protection Center is available in Fileconnect and its a separate download:

Symantec_Protection_Center_2.0_Documentation_ML.zip
    Symantec_Protection_Center_2.0_Getting_Started_ML.zip
    Symantec_Protection_Center_2.0_ML.zip
    Symantec_Protection_Center_2.0_Recovery_Disk_ML.zip

• 12.  RE: Protection Center 2.0: Where to download ?

Posted Sep 01, 2011 05:51 PM

using 2 valid still under maintenance SEP 11 serials, but no "PROTECTION CENTER" available !!

Any better idea ? thanks in Advance. Here the list I got:

• 13.  RE: Protection Center 2.0: Where to download ?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 01, 2011 06:26 PM

It appears that you are logging in with the SEP 11 serial number. In order to locate the SPC material, you will need your Version Upgrade notification. If you have not received this by email or you have checked with the rest of your IT staff and they don't have it either, it may be best for you to call into Customer Care (note the link above in previous response).

Good luck! You are getting very close :)

• 14.  RE: Protection Center 2.0: Where to download ?

Posted Sep 02, 2011 01:02 PM

The tricks is as you said Eric: you must 1st upgrade the licence SEP11 to SEP12, or SPSE3 to SPSE4:

see http://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-upgrade-your-sep11-license-sep12-online

As a free software: Why not providing a free download link like http://go.symantec.com/spcdownloads/

? Now wait end download....

• 15.  RE: Protection Center 2.0: Where to download ?

Posted Sep 02, 2011 05:01 PM

I totally understand what you mean about making it easier to download if it is free, yet it is only free to those customers that have active support for the applicable products and suites mentioned above. The only way we can really regulate the distribution of the software is by hosting it on FileConnect and have people login with their uniquely generated serial number like you have.

I do wish you the best in getting it set up.