Groupe des Utilisateurs Altiris Suisses et Francophones Group

View Only
  • 1.  SWS 6.1 SP7: Error page, user web portal FR

Posted Jun 01, 2011 06:08 PM

Bonjour,

Pour votre information, il existe un bug dans le SP7 de Symantec Workspace Streaming, qui affecte les usagers avec un navigateur en langue FR.

Si vous changez la page en EN ou autre langue, l'erreur de page disparait pour faire apparaitre le portail utilisateur attendu.

Ce Bug a été remonté et enregistré chez Symantec. Je vous tiendrai au courant pour la suite, FIX éventuels, et contournements possibles.

Dans l'alternative, j'encourage vivement les usagers avec un browser en langue FR, à s'arrêter sur le SP6 de SWS 6.1, et de ne pas installer l'upgrade SP7 sur les "Front-end" serveurs.

Il n'y a pas d'impact si vous installez une version SP7 sur les postes clients, et conservez les serveurs en SP6. A priori, c'est supporté par la solution SWS, le SP7 étant surtout porté sur le client.

• 2.  RE: SWS 6.1 SP7: Error page, user web portal FR

Posted Jun 01, 2011 11:42 PM

Based on Google translate:

Hello,

For your information, there is a bug in Symantec Workspace Streaming SP7, which affects users with a browser language EN.

If you change the page EN or another language, the page fault disappears to bring up the portal user expected.

This bug has been reassembled and stored at Symantec. I'll keep you posted for the future, any FIX, and possible workarounds.

In the alternative, I strongly encourage users with a browser language FR, to stop the SP6 SWS 6.1, and not to install the SP7 upgrade on the Front-end servers.

There is no impact if you install a version SP7 on the client and keep the servers in SP6. A priori, the solution is supported by SWS, the SP7 being focused on the client.

• 3.  RE: SWS 6.1 SP7: Error page, user web portal FR

Posted Jun 01, 2011 11:57 PM

Hi Pascal,

If I understand correctly, the problem is: "On a French OS with browser set to English locale you get an error on the streaming portal page. If the browser locale is changed to any non-English locale it works correctly"

Parden me if my interpretation of the problem is incorrect, i had to translate using Google Translate to understand the problem.

You are right in that the portal page display is based on browser locale but, it's hard to believe that you get an error with English locale browser. Can you please share the scenario in which this happens?

BTW, if your recommendation of SP6 frontend with SP7 endpoints are followed certain functions may not work as expected. Please use caution if you plan on doing this way.

In my mind, streaming portal is NOT as important as correct functioning of the product because most of what you want in the portal can be achieved other ways.

Please provide additional details so we can help you.

Thanks,

Nirmal R.

• 4.  RE: SWS 6.1 SP7: Error page, user web portal FR

Posted Jun 07, 2011 09:32 AM

In fact, that is the contrary: If you switch the language from "EN" or any to "FR", you got the page error. very easy to reproduce. No problem other language

The Symantec escalation is done under case # 414-807-191, "Duty manager" elevated !!

SWS/SWV Symantec SE from EMEA confirm me, essential of the update the SP7 are on client part, except, I don't know why some body change the "text string" French translation, was correct with SP6, adding an illicit ' caracter inside the string and makes the page error :(

So Yes: the single Workaround we have for the moment, is to keep SP6 on server side, and SP7 only client part. If you can provide any Workaround to make it works, will be nice.

• 5.  RE: SWS 6.1 SP7: Error page, user web portal FR

Posted Jun 07, 2011 09:35 AM

fun, why google change the FR, to an EN ??

• 6.  RE: SWS 6.1 SP7: Error page, user web portal FR

Posted Jun 07, 2011 12:15 PM
    • Defect #:2399513
    • Abstract:Script Error when user launches the portal on IE8 with IE8 MUI installed and language is set to French. The provisioned application list is missing.
    • Severity: S1