Groupe des Utilisateurs Altiris Suisses et Francophones Group

View Only
  • 1.  How to update serial number computer in ressource manager and management console in ITMS 7.6

Posted Dec 08, 2016 12:29 PM

Hi everyone,

I've never seen that before.

bug serial number_0.png

As you can see, there are no internal serial number or device ID.

I still can deploy jobs or software, my agent work fine. But I cannot update this parameters.

I use a lot of filters with this feature. So i really need that.

I already reinstalled the agent. But nothing has changed.

Please, someone has another idea?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Boutaleb Karim
    ICT Service Desk Agent
    AW Europe S.A. Belgium

• 2.  RE: How to update serial number computer in ressource manager and management console in ITMS 7.6

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 09, 2016 02:29 PM

Hi,

These values should arrive with basic inventory. Please check if they are present in "Resource Manager" for corresponding computer (I think they are not..).

If not, then it could be this comp does not have them indeed - try to find corresponding values in BIOS - they might be empty.

Thank you,

Alex.

aexacidentification.png

• 3.  RE: How to update serial number computer in ressource manager and management console in ITMS 7.6

Posted Dec 12, 2016 04:13 AM

HI Alex,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked where you said me. I have that :

2016_12_12_10_09_20_Resource_Manager_P21347_Internet_Explorer.jpg

So is not empty.

I've already pushed a basic software, a reboot of all servers. Nothing has changed...

Do you have maybe another idea?

Thanks a lot again
    Best Regards,

• 4.  RE: How to update serial number computer in ressource manager and management console in ITMS 7.6

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2016 04:38 AM

Hi Karim,

If you browse to "NS Console - Manage - Computers", select problematic computer and load "Identification" page - would some errors or warning appear in NS log viewer while you perform these actions?

Thank you,

Alex.

• 5.  RE: How to update serial number computer in ressource manager and management console in ITMS 7.6

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 29, 2016 03:26 AM

In addition: does "Altiris Inventory Agent" plug-in installed to the problematic computer? If yes, does "Full Hardware Inventory" were gathered for that system? If not - it would be good to install inventory agent, collect full HW inventory and check if it will resolve the problem.

Thank you,

Alex.

• 6.  RE: How to update serial number computer in ressource manager and management console in ITMS 7.6

Posted Jan 11, 2017 11:24 AM

Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Now the computer is working. I guess the information need more time to update it. I will try for the next computer to be sure.

I'll let you know.

Thanks !
    Best Regards,

• 7.  RE: How to update serial number computer in ressource manager and management console in ITMS 7.6

Posted Jan 11, 2017 11:26 AM

Hi Alex,

For now, the computer is working.

I guess I needed more time to update this information.

I will check this status for the next computer, I'll let you know if it's working with your solution.

Thanks a lot.
    Best Regards,