Groupe des Utilisateurs Altiris Suisses et Francophones Group

View Only
  • 1.  Workspace Virtualization Agent in CMS 7.5 SP1 hf4 : crash

Posted Dec 01, 2014 11:32 AM

Hello,

We've just moved from CMS 7.1 MP1 to 7.5 SP1 hf4.

Everything seem to be fine till now.

We have some computers that are looping BSOD. We figured out that machines were crashing due to a bug with SWV agent : fslx.sys file.

I've identified a referenced bug : TECH226141

I also found a fix here : HOWTO101700 

(Symantec Workspace Virtualization and Symantec Workspace Streaming 7.5 SP1 HF2)

Have you got similar issue ? Is there a fix planned for Altiris ? (integrating SWS in Altiris manually is really... borrying :( )

Thanks for your feedback,

• 2.  RE: Workspace Virtualization Agent in CMS 7.5 SP1 hf4 : crash

Posted Dec 01, 2014 01:48 PM

We are experiencing the same issue.  So does anyone know...was the issue fixed in HF2 and then ignored for HF4?

Also, can someone answer...are we supposed to go back to the HF2 install of SWV and what is the process for doing so?

Thanks!

• 3.  RE: Workspace Virtualization Agent in CMS 7.5 SP1 hf4 : crash

Posted Dec 02, 2014 03:15 AM

Just to clarify :

As product marketing versions are really close, this is the current versions :

• Altiris CMS is 7.5 sp1 hf4, it includes SWV agent version 7.5.749
    • SWV (standalone package) is 7.5 sp1 hf2, and agent version is 7.5.770

Is there a quick fix to quickly upgrade the policies in Altiris to publish and monitor 7.5.770 instead of 7.5.749 ?

My fear is to manually replace 7.5.749 with latest one, and after a couple of days, Altiris auto-revert to 7.5.749.

I've also (some times ago) recreate a new package for SWV policy, but it is not trivial... That's why a quick fix from symantec should be better ;)