New York Data Loss Prevention User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Vontu version upgrade from 9 to 10

Posted May 03, 2010 11:44 AM
    Hello ,
    I am trying to upgrade our vontu DLP from version 9.0.14.13  to 10. I am using the upgrade wizard and  and the "pre-check " is not moving forward beyond  "checking File permissions".  Has anyone came across similar situation?
    Thanks

• 2.  RE: Vontu version upgrade from 9 to 10
    Best Answer

Posted May 03, 2010 12:46 PM

We had the same problem recently and could not get a solution from Symantec.  We found that the file named Permissioncheck.txt in the install directory tells the installer what files to check.  If you comment the files out under the "Files and Directory replace" section it will work.  You comment out the files by adding a # in front of the line like they did in the description at the top of the file.  Not sure why you need the pre-check because after we made this change to bypass the failed check, the install worked fine.  Same thing will happen when you go to v10.5.

Good Luck!

• 3.  RE: Vontu version upgrade from 9 to 10

Posted May 04, 2010 09:10 AM

Hello Dave
    Commenting out entries as suggested by you  in the "Permissioncheck.txt" and rerunning upgrade did the trick and we were able to upgrade to Version 10. This was our third attempt and your solution saved lot of time and frustration. Symantec Tech who has our  case is going to write KB Article crediting to your reply.
    Thanks again for your quick reply.

• 4.  RE: Vontu version upgrade from 9 to 10

Posted May 04, 2010 09:16 AM

Deven,

Glad we could help.  It was a team effort on our end including Mike Phelps (not the swimmer) and Tom Ferolano.  We successfully went from v9 to v10.5 last weekend.  We have not yet provided Symantec our post mortem issue list, but this will be on it.  If anything else comes up that we may be able to help you answer, please let me know.

Dave