Mac Management Group

View Only
  • 1.  Altiris 7.5 Sp1 HF5 Mac Imaging

Posted Feb 23, 2015 06:08 PM

Grettings,

So I’m trying to dabble with Mac Imaging in 7.5 SP1 HF5.  I got everything setup and the Mac boots up fine to the Netboot Image.  However, the image capture job always fails with the attached screenshot. Any Idea what’s going on here?

Thanks.

ScreenHunter_32 Feb. 23 16.56.jpg

• 2.  RE: Altiris 7.5 Sp1 HF5 Mac Imaging

Posted Feb 24, 2015 12:54 AM

Hello Mabdelnabi,

Provide deatils about your setup. Is it only NS or NS+PS?

Also look into log file on client machine @ /opt/altiris/notification/nsagent/var/ClientCaptureImage.log

Regards

• 3.  RE: Altiris 7.5 Sp1 HF5 Mac Imaging
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 24, 2015 08:56 AM

Hello Sir,

To save you time and frustration, please look at the following articles.  The first article is probably your problem, the machine is not booting into diskless mode.  

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH225081&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1424785949753

Second article is a point fix to let you image multiple mac model types, as the current macdeploy does not let you complete that task even in 7.5 SP1 HF5, this point fix wasn't found till after that HF came out.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH227543&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1424785917928

Thanks,

Adam

• 4.  RE: Altiris 7.5 Sp1 HF5 Mac Imaging

Posted Feb 24, 2015 03:22 PM

Thanks Adam,

I now can capture an image. However, I can't deploy the image back. I even tried deploying it back on the same machine -just on a diffrent partition.- I got the same error from before. I saw that there're two places for the symdeplomac. One in

C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Agents\Deployment\SBS\Imaging\{ABD668D6-E76D-4313-B50C-3309D75D7012}\cache\Mac\universal

And the other in C:\Program Files\Altiris\Deployment\Imaging\Mac\universal. The article only mention changing in the second location.

It is just an NS and not NS+PS.

Thanks again for your help.

ScreenHunter_32 Feb. 24 14.19.jpg

• 5.  RE: Altiris 7.5 Sp1 HF5 Mac Imaging

Posted Feb 26, 2015 11:51 AM

Ok so two things with that error:

1. Have you confirmed your create image task did successfully create the package on the local site server your client resides?  When I mean confirmed, you actually see the .mac package it makes on the site server?  The exact file path of the source should be listed in your deploy job.

2. Have you made sure in Site Server settings - > Package Service settings that you have "Publish UNC Codebases" enabled?

A recommendation if all of my suggestions check out is to turn on verbose logging on your NetBooted client before you push the job.  See below article for verbose logging for mac clients, once you have the logs, post them up after you try your push.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO7073&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1424969416533

• 6.  RE: Altiris 7.5 Sp1 HF5 Mac Imaging

Posted Feb 26, 2015 03:34 PM
      |   view attached

Thanks for your reply again.

Yes the job completed successfully and I can browse to the image. I don't have a package server setup so the image just reside on the NS. I have the UNC Codebases enabled along with the IIS hosted codebases.

Attached is the logs.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Attachment(s)

• 7.  RE: Altiris 7.5 Sp1 HF5 Mac Imaging

Posted Feb 27, 2015 02:51 AM

Issue is related to code bases. Please provide server side log too.

Also try again after running "Resource Membership Update" from Console "Settings->Notification Server->Resource Membership Update"

• 8.  RE: Altiris 7.5 Sp1 HF5 Mac Imaging

Posted Mar 09, 2015 11:33 AM

This was actually the solution. Looks like the first image I captured was bad. All working good now.

Thanks again for all of your help.