Mac Management Group

View Only
  • 1.  IT Management Suite 8.1 Release Update 1 (RU1) is now available

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 31, 2017 03:34 AM

High-lights of this release update:

• Support for CentOS 6.0-6.8 and CentOS 7.0-7.2 in Patch Management Solution
    • Remediation Management
    • Inventory Solution gathers the software-based usage tracking data on Mac computers
    • New options available for configuring peer-to-peer downloading.
    • Remote Task Server is now supported on Windows 10 version 1703 operating system.
    • Deployment Solution now supports WinPE for Windows 10 1607 and 1703 versions.
    • Symantec Installation Manager now shows the installed products from all defined product listings.
    • Defining custom success code for a task.
    • New reports are available in the Symantec Management Console:
      • The "Subnet to Site assignments" report lists the subnets and the sites to which they are assigned.
      • The "Packages Distribution by Download Type" report shows how the computers downloaded the package.
    • Using command line to apply Agent Communication Profile to a client computer.
    • Windows and Linux policy pages and the lists of the policies are available on the Patch Management home page.
    • Added possibility to specify language for Symantec Management Console.
    • From 8.1 RU1 onwards, Deployment Solution lets you upload drivers as .CAB archives.
    • Virtual Machine Management now supports Hyper-V Server 2016.
    • The uninstallers for “Process Manager” and “Workflow Designer” are now localized.
    • 332 defects resolved, including 101 customer reported issues.

The release notes are available at the following URL:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC10474

Renaming Hotfixes to Release Updates:

What is happening?

Symantec is adding incremental value into ITMS 8.1 maintenance releases by including new features and product updates.
    To indicate this change, the Hotfixes are renamed to Release Updates (RU). The first releases that will use the new title will be the Symantec IT Management Suite 8.1 RU 1.

Does this affect the upgrade process?

The upgrade experience remains the same as for the Hotfix releases in the past.

What will be the cadence of Release Updates?

The cadence of these releases will remain the same: approximately every 8 weeks.

• 2.  RE: IT Management Suite 8.1 Release Update 1 (RU1) is now available

Posted Sep 19, 2017 09:10 AM

The new report "Packages Distribution by Download Type" seems to be a good report to see the affects of enabling P2P on the clients. However, I wonder if there is a reason why it does not show "patch" package downloads? It would be great if this could be added to this report.

Update:

I guess it was this little flag which I disabled sometime in the past why I did not get the information for patch dowloads.