DACH CA Infrastructure Management User Group - DACHIMUG

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum REST API - OCC different behaviour

Posted Jul 05, 2016 09:11 AM

Hello together,

we experience issues with some devices using SNMPv3 for polling. Once in a while the AgentID seems to change on those devices (maybe due to HA failover or Firmware update, we simply do not know -> As we are doing SNMP monitoring as a service, the devices are not controlled by us).

When this happens, the device is alarmed as "Management Agent Lost", as the SNMP requests are not answered. The manual way to solve this issue is to use the "Reset SNMPv3 Authentication" provided by the OCC context menue.

To automate this task I like to write an Notifier Script, but I could not find the appropiate action code (number) for the "Reset SNMPv3 Authentication". I did not find it in the documentaton (https://docops.ca.com/ca-spectrum/9-4-3/en/programming/web-services-api-reference/how-to-use-the-ca-spectrum-web-services-api/restful-resources-nouns/action).

Could someone please provide me the appropiate action code?

Thanks in advance,

Jens

• 2.  Re: Spectrum REST API - OCC different behaviour

Posted Sep 30, 2016 07:47 AM

Hello Jens,

if that topic is still valid for you:

We created a notifier for the same reason and are using the action code 0x10107 (65799) for this purpose.

Hint: our notifier is designed generically executing any action code against the affected models that is specified within the notification data. Having different rules within the SANM policy then allows for different use cases (action codes).

Hope this helps,

Raphael