Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrading vAPP from 14.2 to 14.4

Posted Jun 20, 2022 05:32 AM
    Hello Team

I am upgrading IGA vAPP 14.3 to 14.4.

I was able to execute the vAPP part on our DEV environment from Upgrading Virtual Appliance

However I am not able to locate the upgrade documentation for the Windows-based components.

- Provisioning tools
    - Connector server
    - Password sync agent (win Domain controller)

Where can I find the documentation for these components (they are obviously not part of the vAPP linux upgrade scripts)

Thanks for helping.

Charly Setbon

• 2.  RE: Upgrading vAPP from 14.2 to 14.4

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 21, 2022 06:12 AM
    Hello

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/symantec-security-software/identity-security/identity-suite/14-4/release-notes/Virtual-Appliance-Release-Notes/Latest-Remote-Connector-Server.html

Every non-vApp component (like tools and Windows CCS/JCS) should be upgraded according to standalone documentation:

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/symantec-security-software/identity-security/identity-manager/14-4/upgrading/upgrade-provisioning-components/upgrade-other-provisioning-components.html

Hope this helps.
    Kind regards

Mike Dolata

• 3.  RE: Upgrading vAPP from 14.2 to 14.4

Posted Jun 21, 2022 11:01 AM
    Hello Charly,

Outside of rebranding to Symantec, I did not see any changes to the Remote Tools we typically use on customer deployments, meaning the Workpoint Designers for IM and IG, the IG DNA or IM Connector Xpress. The bigger change in 14.4 was packaging the IAM Suite tools in the VA Tools package and not on the vApp product folders.

Take care.

------------------------------
    Enrique Torres
    Enterprise Architect
    Enterprise Studio
    HCL America

• 4.  RE: Upgrading vAPP from 14.2 to 14.4

Posted Jun 21, 2022 11:56 AM
    Charly,

Digging into the IGA 14.4 documentation, the following Install Connector Xpress 2.0 covers details on extracting and installing the package from the latest latest Identity Manager cumulative patch. I'm sure there are a few more Easter eggs in the details of the documentation.

See you later.

Enrique Torres
    Enterprise Architect
    Enterprise Studio
    HCL America