CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Maileater To Office 365 Mailbox

Posted Mar 24, 2023 01:18 AM
    Edited by STUART MATTHEWS Mar 24, 2023 01:34 AM

Hello,

Does anyone currently have SDM 17.3 maileater successfully polling an O365 mailbox. I am receiving this ROOT\log\maileater_nxd.log error

2023-03-24 18:07:36:018 ERROR  [ForkJoinPool-1-worker-5] c.c.S.m.c.JavaMailIMAPClient - getIMAPHostInfo() + Failed to connect to the Store.
    javax.mail.MessagingException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I'm assuming the issue is related to either the "CA Certificate Path" and or "Hostname" defined on the mailbox. I unfortunately gave my network team the hostname outlook.office365.com and this Powershell comamnd from the SDM 17.3 app server is working:

test-netconnection outlook.office365.com -port 993 

But now I see a reference to "outlook.com (This is NOT outlook.office365.com)" within:

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-3/administering/configure-ca-service-desk-manager/how-to-configure-the-mailbox-to-handle-inbound-emails/connecting-maileater-to-office-365-mail.html

In regards to "CA Certificate Path" what are the correct instructions in 2023? Is it this one > How to Connect CA SDM to the Office365 Servers Using SSL (broadcom.com) or Maileater certificate errors with Office 365 appearing without warning (broadcom.com) or perhaps a combination of both?

I saw another article which I can't find now where you need 2 certificates referenced in the "CA Certificate Path" separated by a space? login.microsoftonline.com and outlook.com?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks

Stuart

• 2.  RE: Maileater To Office 365 Mailbox

Posted Mar 24, 2023 03:20 AM

Hi Stuart,

We have couple of clients that use 0365 as mailbox for maileater.

It seems that currently only Oauth authentication is working.

instruction for Oauth setup can be found on this link

Oauth Setup for Maileater (broadcom.com)

hope it will help

• 3.  RE: Maileater To Office 365 Mailbox

Posted Mar 26, 2023 09:59 PM

Thanks heaps @Aleksandar Stancic I'm working thru your linked instructions