DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  SESSION DROPS IN CAPM

Posted May 11, 2022 02:06 PM
    Hi,

When the session of the user in use in CA PM drops, his return logs in with admin.

Is there a way to get around this?
    Or create/configure a session purge?

Cássio

• 2.  RE: SESSION DROPS IN CAPM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 11, 2022 02:55 PM
    What version of PM are you using?

To invalidate all current user logins, restart the console service.   There is no way to invalidate 1 specific login.

When you say their session drops, do you mean, close the browser?
    We use a cookie that's good for 20 mins.
    When the browser closes, it should clear the cookie.

Is the user using a browser that's running ON the PC box?  If so, there is a SsoConfig SSO setting to auto login to admin account.  Make sure this is disabled to force local logins on PC box.

Localhost User Sign-In Page Enabled: Disabled
    Localhost User Enabled: Disabled
    Localhost User ID: 1

• 3.  RE: SESSION DROPS IN CAPM

Posted May 16, 2022 01:15 PM
    Hey good afternoon.

I didn't understand. "Disable force local login".

Yes, authentication is based on the local PC user.

Cássio

• 4.  RE: SESSION DROPS IN CAPM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2022 01:40 PM
    If you have a desktop on the PC linux box, you could run a browser on the PC box.  The localhost SsoConfig settings allow you to be automatically logged into a specific account ( admin by default ) when loading the PC web page.   It's was enabled by default, but has since been disabled by default.

If there is still a valid cookie to the browser session, and the PC server hasn't been restarted since the user got the cookie, they might be automatically logged in.

You could try repeating the steps and before loading the PC UI, bring up Chrome dev tools and goto Network tab. Enable preserve log checkbox.  Then try and go into PC and see if you are automatically logged in.  If so, then right click in network tab, and save to HAR file.  You can sent the file to me via communities email and I can review it to see what is going on.

• 5.  RE: SESSION DROPS IN CAPM

Posted Jun 29, 2022 11:08 AM
    Hi Jeffrey.

I couldn't get to this configuration, can you tell me the way. Other than that, I'm doing the other orientation of saving the HAR.

Thanks
    cassio

• 6.  RE: SESSION DROPS IN CAPM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2022 12:41 PM
    SsoConfig is under /opt/CA/PerformanceCenter.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/dx-netops/21-2/Performance-Monitoring-with-DX-Performance-Management/securing/single-sign-on/update-single-sign-on-website-settings.html