Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  RA Avaloq solution - compatibility question

Posted Oct 28, 2021 04:36 PM

Hey guys,

One of our clients is a big bank and their Automic environment includes mainly Avaloq jobs.

They have plans to upgrade the current Avaloq version 4.x to one of the latest version 5.2. 
    This, of course, is triggering the question - is the RA AVQ Solution compatible with that version of Avaloq?

The latest version of RA Avaloq Solution is 2.4.2 released July 2018. According to the "Automic Compatibility Matrix" it supports Avaloq version up to 4.5.
    Back in 2018 there werent Avaloq version 5.2.

And this leaves us in a grey area - is that AVQ version supported officially or not.

According to the AVQ guys "There are no changes to the Oracle part of the UC4 adapter" but it doesnt sound really reasuring. 

As far as I am aware that solution was created by SystemPartners for Automic. One of my colleagues found an old email address and wrote to them with that specific question.
    The answer was to upgrade the agent to the version that will be available EOY, moreover that new version would support finally AWI. (FYI - Avaloq jobs can be modified only using the old Java Interface as in AWI the page is blank).

This sound really amazing but it's hard to believe in as it was quite some time since the last update. Unfortunatelly i werent able to find any information for upcoming release of RA Avaloq Solution so far.

I would appreciate any ideas on that topic or where to look or whom to ask about that. I would prefer to have something concrete that i can show to the client and state - Yes, this is supporte or No, this is not supported.

P.S. I am thinking of raising a support ticket with that question but knowing how they work I would receave a link to the Compatibility Matrix...

• 2.  RE: RA Avaloq solution - compatibility question
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2021 03:30 AM
    Hello Krum,
    there is indeed a new version of the RA Avaloq agent that will be compatible with AWI and with latest Avaloq server version that will be release in a few weeks.
    Stay tuned.
    Thanks
    Adrian

PS: If you had opened a case with Support, we would have replied you the same.
    Adrian

• 3.  RE: RA Avaloq solution - compatibility question

Posted Jan 24, 2022 09:49 AM
    Hi Adrian,

we would be interested in this topic as well.
    Any update here in the meantime?
    Thanks,
    Ilka

• 4.  RE: RA Avaloq solution - compatibility question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2022 09:53 AM
    Hello Ilka,
    there is a beta version available for testing, certification is currently ongoing.
    If you would like to test this beta out, please open a case with Technical Support referrencing this Post and I will be glad to provide it.
    Thanks
    Adrian

• 5.  RE: RA Avaloq solution - compatibility question

Posted Apr 04, 2022 11:34 AM

Hello,

Any news regarding the release date of the Avaloq solution? will it be compatible with AE v12.3.* or only v21.*?

------------------------------
    Automic SME @ DXC.Technology

• 6.  RE: RA Avaloq solution - compatibility question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 06, 2022 10:17 AM
    Hello all, the official version of the Ra Avaloq Agent (3.0.0) compatible with 12.3 has been published yesterday.
    You can download it from here:
    https://downloads.automic.com/downloads/advanced_mode?selected_tab=&lifecycle_entity_id=1602490646604&major_version_id=1602490647079&search=&no-default-values=on&show-files=on&show-patch-descriptions=on
    The Ra Avaloq Agent version 4.0.0 compatible with 21.0.x should be released soon, this post and compatibility matrix will be updated accordingly, this is explained in this article
    Have a great weekend!
    Adrian

• 7.  RE: RA Avaloq solution - compatibility question

Posted Nov 29, 2022 03:28 PM

I found several issues or inconsistencies with that RA Avaloq agent.

This is for AE 12.3.6 and RA Avaloq 3

It looks like this is no longer Rapid Automation solution, as the package include completely different .jar file.

RA Core - ucxjcitx.jar with dependencies on uc4.jar (part of the same package)
    RA Avaloq - ucxjavaloqx.jar

This leads to some complications :

Once you upload the soltion in the AE DB you are in bad spot.
    - The old agent (.jar) can not be started - error in uc4.jar dependencies.
    - The new agent can not be started with the same name (to be upgraded) - error in version check.

In the documentation is written that the agent object is created automatically in Client 0. Which is not.
    You need to create new entry from the Administration Perspective. Now you can start the agent wihout errors....
    if you are not running it on UNIX host.
    In the provided .ini file there are few errors or missleading rows.

- In [GLOBAL] seciton
    LOGGING=CON:   while the normal is logging=../temp/ra_log_##.TXT
    Due the uppercases and the strange format - no logs will be produced.
    - In [TCP/IP] section
    ;CP=10.49.160.62:62558
    CP=localhost:2318
    Both entries are kinda misleading if you are not careful enough.
    - The [RA] sections is not present
    - The documentation refers to the .ini of the SQL agent which is odd enough

The Avaloq Agent uses its own Avaloq Agent INI file (UCXJAVALOQX.INI).

1. Adjust the Avaloq Agent INI file (UCXJAVALOQX.INI) to your system environment. The INI file parameters are the same as those available for SQL Agents. For more information about the parameters see ..

Note: All the parameter descriptions of the SQL Agent's INI file are also relevant for the Avaloq Agent with the exception of the [SQL] section.

And to some inexsting parameter :
    In the INI file, set the WindowsAuthentication= parameter to 1.

If you pass all that steps, you now have RA Avaloq agent in your v12.3 env. (P.S. The report of the jobs looks extremely ****)

After one upgrade his system to v21 he will again stumbl the issues with that solution.

Disregardless of the type RA solution you are using, all RA objects will no longer have their RA tab until you perform an upgrade.
    This is valid for the RA Avaloq also. The initial step is to upload the new solution in the AE DB.
    As one would like to ease his life, he will use the CAU to upgrade the agents afterwards

BUT

The CAU will deploy the normal RA Core files and not the Avaloq ones and your agent will not start anymore.
    The same will happen if you use the new "download agent" once you create the blank entry in Administration perspective.

You will hit another rock if you try to simply replace the old .jar with the new .jar and start the agent. Once again error for unexpected version.
    Now you need to delete the agent entry and create a new one.

And now the same/similar errors in the .ini file.

Also there were some issues with the CONN objects but this could be because of our JDBC drivers and Avaloq DBs.

In the Connection section select your Database Type. Depending on the database, the Connection settings change.

Keep the Free from Entry check box unchecked. The Host, Port and SID fields are displayed. The values you fill in will populate the read-only JDBC Connect String field in the following 12c format for Oracle:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@//{host}:{port}/{service}

In previous releases, there was a SID field in place of the Service Name field. In those releases, the JDBC Connect String field was populated in the Oracle 9i/10g/11g format: jdbc:oracle:thin:@{host}:{port}:{sid}. If you need to continue using the older format going forward, you can enter the JDBC connect string manually as described below.

Automic SME @ DXC.Technology