Mainframe Software Education

View Only
  • 1.  Your Ideas for OPS/MVS OPSLOG Training

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2021 11:01 AM
    Hello OPS/MVS Community

I'm working with the OPS/MVS team to prepare brief, web-based training on OPSLOG navigation. We're considering including the following topics:

-Describe the types of information provided in OPSLOG Browse.
    -Filter the types of data displayed in OPSLOG by modifying your OPSLOG profile. As an example, set up profiles for specific types of data. . . ie rule personas
    -Identify the information provided in the OPSLOG header.
    -Identify the OPSLOG primary commands
    -Use the following commonly-used primary commands: (DISPLAY, FIND, LOCATE (other commands?))
    -Label data for easier retrieval
    -Print lines or blocks of data to a data set.
    -Extract data for testing.

What do you think of these? What have we missed? What would you have liked to have known when you first started using OPSLOG? Please reply to this thread with your suggestions.

Thank you!

Amy

------------------------------
    Instructional Designer
    Broadcom
    Lisle, IL

• 2.  RE: Your Ideas for OPS/MVS OPSLOG Training

Posted Nov 09, 2021 10:26 AM
    Hello Amy, 
    I think the items you listed will be a great value for users like me who are not that familiar with how to maximize my use of opslog and the features available to sort through it and filter on messages. I look forward to reviewing the training proposed. 

Thanks
    James Huckert 
    Home Depot - Mainframe technical Services

• 3.  RE: Your Ideas for OPS/MVS OPSLOG Training

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2021 11:07 AM
    Thanks for your message James! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

If you'd like to get a head start on the OPSLOG topic, we touch on it a bit in this course: CA OPS/MVS® Event Management and Automation Release 13.5: OPSVIEW TSO User Interface Overview 200 (Course ID: 06OPS20020).

The OPS/MVS team has also released some OPSLOG-related videos that may be of interest as well.

Instructional Designer
    Broadcom
    Lisle, IL

• 4.  RE: Your Ideas for OPS/MVS OPSLOG Training

Posted Nov 09, 2021 11:21 AM
    Great! Thank you Amy

James Huckert