Mainframe Software Education

View Only

Updated Detector and Subsystem Analyzer Training, Plus a New Detector Digital Badge!

• 1.  Updated Detector and Subsystem Analyzer Training, Plus a New Detector Digital Badge!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 11, 2022 12:37 PM
    Edited by Amy Flanagan Feb 11, 2022 12:43 PM
    Three and a half years ago, I came to Mainframe Education from Technical Writing. The first web-based training course I tackled was for Detector and Subsystem Analyzer. . .and it was. . .LONG. Being a bit more experienced now, I revised the training into five shorter modules and hopefully made them more interesting.

In addition, I'm releasing a new Detector - Fundamentals Digital Badge Assessment. I extend my thanks to @Andrew Badgley and his team for their time and effort they put into it.

And remember, Mainframe web-based training and digital badges are provided at no cost to customers on active maintenance! 

Now, onto the course information! (Please scroll to the bottom for a note on how to access the training.)

Detector® for Db2 for z/OS: Getting Started 200 (06PDT20010)
    After completing this course, students will be able to perform the following tasks.
    • Describe the types of statistics that Detector collects.
    • Describe how the statistics that Detector collects differs from the types of statistics collected by Subsystem Analyzer and SYSVIEW® Performance Management Option for Db2.
    • View different types of SQL activity and access the online help.
    • Explain how Detector data collection works.
    • Set up a Detector collection profile to tailor SQL and SQL error collection.
    Detector® for Db2 for z/OS: Standard Collection 200 (06PDT20020)
    After completing this course, students will be able to perform the following tasks:
    • Navigate Detector standard collection data in real time or view historical activity.
    • Identify the top resource consumers from the following perspectives: Plan name, package, key values, and SQL statements.
    • Explain a dynamic SQL statement or package through the Plan Analyzer® for DB2 for z/OS (Plan Analyzer) Quick Explain feature.
    Detector® for Db2 for z/OS: Exception and Error Collection 200 (06PDT20030)
    After completing this course, students will be able to perform the following tasks:
    • Capture and investigate detailed metrics for SQL statements that exceed specified resource thresholds.
    • Determine which SQL errors are occurring in a Db2 subsystem.
    • Understand the importance of setting appropriate thresholds to capture Exception SQL.
    • Navigate to the detailed metrics captured for each statement that caused an exception and see why that statement used so many resources.
    • Select SQL codes and view all users or programs that encountered the error and see the SQLCA messages and the SQL text.
    Detector® for Db2 for z/OS and Subsystem Analyzer for Db2 for z/OS: Batch Reporting 200 (06PDT20040)
    After completing this course, you will be able to set up and execute a PDTBATCH job (Detector) or PSABATCH job (Subsystem Analyzer) to generate reports against standard, exception and error collection activity, using the various report options.
    Subsystem Analyzer for Db2 for z/OS: Overview 200 (06PSA20010)
    After completing this course, you will be able to perform the following tasks:
    • Navigate Subsystem Analyzer collection real time or historical activity, identifying the most frequently accessed objects and how they are being accessed.
    • Identify the SQL responsible for table or index getpage activity.
    • View Db2 subsystem statistics to determine if they have an impact on application performance for the collection interval.
    • Manage Subsystem Analyzer getpage sampling.
    • Understand the benefits of integrating Subsystem Analyzer with Detector.

Accessing the Training

The new Broadcom Support Portal makes it easier than ever to access web-based training. All you need is a site ID and a profile -- our Quick Reference Guide will show you how.

------------------------------
    Instructional Designer
    Broadcom
    Lisle, IL
    ------------------------------