Mainframe Software Education

View Only

Tell me - If it were up to you, what would Db2 DevOps web-based training look like?

• 1.  Tell me - If it were up to you, what would Db2 DevOps web-based training look like?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2022 11:03 AM

Remember how I promised that I would seek customer input before I start building training courses? It's that time!

As seen in the blogs, videos, and workshops, Broadcom is actively incorporating Zowe-conformant CLI and API support into the Database Management for Db2 for z/OS portfolio to meet customer needs for DevOps solutions that include database change automation.

We're starting to think about the web-based training that will follow shortly after the release of the functionality.

Top of mind for the first round of training:

• CLI plugin installation
    • CLI profile configuration
    • CLI commands and use-cases

Here's what we're wondering –

1)      Would you prefer this content split into more than one course?

2)      For the installation, we typically provide a video demo. How does that sound to you?

3)      How do you like to learn about commands? Are you a "teach it to me in an engaging way" person, or a "just tell me how to issue the commands" person?

Please respond to this post or message me with your suggestions. Thank you for your input! It really helps ensure we're making training that's useful and timely.

------------------------------
    Instructional Designer
    Broadcom
    Lisle, IL
    ------------------------------