The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  Brocade FCIP link

Posted Jun 27, 2023 04:31 AM

Hi, I am new to this section as I haven't had to ask a Brocade related question for ages. I now see that the Fiber Channel discussion doesn't exist anymore. If I am wrong, please direct me in the right direction.

Nevertheless... We have two large fabrics with one FCIP link each to connect different sites together, they have been running fine for years with the odd hicup now and then if the physical connection fails.

A week or so ago we start seeing issues with one of them and immediately I involve the Transmission team in our company, to check that all is fine. They check and find nothing wrong.

It is quite odd, the FCIP link is online, the xge ports can talk to each other, pings fine tracert just fine. BUT! There is no data flowing over the link. Out of desparation, I even deleted the link and recreated it. Now the funny, when I set it up exactly as it was before with Minimum Bandwith as 5000MB and Maximum Bandwith as 10000MB it complained that the Advanced Extension (FTR_AE) wasnt present. But if I do a licenseshow on both switches it is there. So I configured it with both minimum and maximum values as 10000MB and the link comes online. But still no data flowing over the FCIP Channel. We can also not do zoning for obvious reasons.

BNA show a myriad of these errors also when I enable the link and if I disable it, it stops:

msd0: RTWR retry 88 to domain 120, iu_data 1000000.

Is it a license issue that the link will be online and not allow data to flow? Has the switch somehow lost its license?

Anybody seen something similar? I have searched high and low but found nothing :|

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Brocade FCIP link

Community Manager
    Posted Jun 27, 2023 04:52 AM
    Edited by Jason McClellan Jun 27, 2023 04:52 AM

@Stefan de Beer   Correct.  Brocade decommissioned their community forum a few years ago. The Broadcom Community does not support any Brocade products.  Please check with support >> https://www.broadcom.com/support/fibre-channel-networking  ~jm​

------------------------------
    Thank you
    Jason
    Broadcom Community Platform Admin, IT
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Brocade FCIP link

Posted Jun 28, 2023 05:02 AM

Managed to sort it out...

Did an fcippathtest on the FX blade which does diagnostic and reboot that blade. After that everything was fine again. Seems the blade was in an inconsistent state! :|

Thanks