The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  Customizing Communities Feed in Support.Broadcom.Com Dashboard?

Posted Mar 17, 2022 05:49 PM
    Since the migration to the new Support portal layout in Feb 7, 2022, Communities posts can now be seen in the support portal when under My Dashboard.

What seems to be a missed opportunity is that our participation, membership, and groups we have customized here are not reflected in anything that is presented to us in our Support Portal Dashboard view.

This seems amiss, since the rest of the material that is presented in this portal IS for the most part customized (how many assets will expire, how many cases you have open, etc) which are based on your SiteID registration and any other Profile Additions that have been activated and approved.

This also seems wrong since the threads that may appear as "most recent" may not be related to any products the user may even have access to, have assets for, or have any interest in keeping appraised of (If I only own DLP licenses I may not need to see new posts on SESC, those are not relative to me or helpful).

What is the potential to allow registration and membership here in the Community to be appropriately, and adequately reflected in our custom Support Portal Dashboards?  If the dashboard is supposed to be the main place to go to have a view into everything, then it missed the mark in making sure I am able to see updates to the communities I have identified that are most important to me, as opposed to ANY community posts.

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Providing you Premier Partner support via Accredited Training, Professional Services, Consulting Services, Partner support for products with full staff of Broadcom Knights.  Looking for support and want the top versed individuals to assist you? Email sales@braxtongrant.com and let's start a conversation on how we can make you successful. Award Winning North America Symantec Knight Partner of the Year for 2021.

• 2.  RE: Customizing Communities Feed in Support.Broadcom.Com Dashboard?

Community Manager
    Posted Apr 05, 2022 11:28 AM
    Thank you @AKH_BC - I've shared your post internally with the team.  Thx ~jm​​

Thank you
    Jason
    Broadcom Community Platform Admin, IT

• 3.  RE: Customizing Communities Feed in Support.Broadcom.Com Dashboard?

Posted Apr 06, 2022 02:53 AM
    Hi,
    I have the same issues with the My Dashboard. In it's current form, it is useless to me.
    The different "widgets" should be customizable so that they would show updates for the areas that I'm interested in. Perhaps add a drop down menu so that I could select the area from there.
    For instance, the "Community Posts" widget only shows updates from "Rally Software" but I'm not interested in Rally, we have never used it in my company and we never will...