vCenter

 View Only
  • 1.  vSphere client could not connect to VC

    Posted Jul 31, 2020 05:02 PM

    I was trying to upgrade the vcenter version from 5.5 U3E to 6.5 U3. Upgrade process failed and we restored the changes from snapshots and SQL Server database restored from backup. Post restoration, Inventory is empty and unable to connect through domain ID. In SQL Database, found two schema using. One is dbo and other one is VMW. While trying SQL query, vCenter Data's are available in VMW Schema, but vcenter can't read the data from VMW. Can we move/alter/copy data from VMW Schema to default schema i.e. dbo? Does it will resolve the issue?

    I have created a new Windows 2012 R2 server and installed fresh copy of vcenter 5.5 U3E. Also pointed to the existing external SQL database from ODBC, test connection is successful however vcenter can't read data from Database.

    Configuration are as below:

    1. VCenter Server - VC Version 5.5 U3E, Installed on Windows 2008 R2 server
    2. SQL Server version is MS SQL 2008 R2 Ent Service Pack 2.



  • 2.  RE: vSphere client could not connect to VC

    Posted Jul 31, 2020 08:32 PM

    Try this one: Copy Table Schema and Data From One Database to Another Database in SQL Server - CodeProject

    Also remember that you can reach support.

    Hope that helps, cheers

    N



  • 3.  RE: vSphere client could not connect to VC
    Best Answer

    Posted Aug 03, 2020 10:34 AM

    Thanks, Issue resolved now...

    https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2075440

    https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1005157

    If the schema is not DBO ensure that sysadmin is not selected for the user under Server Roles
    I have removed the User ID from Sysadmin group, and VC start reading data from SQ Database.