vCloud

 View Only
  • 1.  Different result in vCloud Usage Meter

    Posted Dec 22, 2014 03:02 PM

    Hi,

    We have been using version 3.3.1 of vCloud Usage Meter for several months now.
    Today we did a search for old months and the data is not the same as we got when we did the reports for the previous months.

    For example:

    PeriodReported for the monthUsage based on the tool today
    September285859263560
    October317837295057
    November315814292524

    During december we upgraded out vSphere from 5.1 to 5.5.

    Any idea why we don't see the same result now as we did when the reports was submited to the aggregator?

    Thanks in advance!



  • 2.  RE: Different result in vCloud Usage Meter

    Posted Jan 05, 2015 06:05 PM

    Same problem here.

    No reports from the last summer is the same as we reported at the time which makes it very hard for us to prove the correct contents of the reports in case of a revision.

    Also, is vCOPS a part of the Premier Edition or the Premier Plus Edition?

    The reason for asking is that after upgrading to vCloud Usage Meter 3.3 reporting changed from Premier Plus to Premier, even though we have vCOPS installed and serial registered in vCloud Usage Meter 3.3.



  • 3.  RE: Different result in vCloud Usage Meter

    Posted Jan 05, 2015 07:23 PM

    I encountered this problem as well when I upgraded from 2.3.2 to 3.3.

    If I ran usage reports on 3.3 for any time period prior to the upgrade, it showed far less usage then had previously been reported.

    We ran both versions in parallel for some time, and any new data was consistent after this between the two version.

    I imported the old data from the 2.3.2 version of the appliance, so it seems there were some silent errors that occurred during the import, which caused much of the older usage data to go missing,