Fusion

View Only
  • 1.  Vmware fusion 13, Set Advanced Processor Options

Posted Nov 18, 2022 03:12 PM

I now have  Windows ARM 64 running rather fast on my Mac studio running Visual visual studio 2022  .... Hura! 

now trying to have WSL 2 working on it to get full dev desktop environment goodness 

but i cant seam to find the advanced processor options to allow the host to do use enable hypervisor applications as mentioned in the help pages. There is a good chance i am being daft and this is something obvious im missing , any help is appreciated 

Virtualwebfish_0-1668784217194.png

• 2.  RE: Vmware fusion 13, Set Advanced Processor Options

Posted Nov 18, 2022 03:27 PM

You're not daft.

This was reported in the tech preview. There still does not appear to be nested virtualization capabilities on Apple Silicon. Discussions in with the tech preview is hypothesizing  that the lack of nested virtualization may be a restriction due to lack of support by Apple's hypervisor APIs and/or hardware.

• 3.  RE: Vmware fusion 13, Set Advanced Processor Options

Posted Nov 28, 2022 07:06 PM

Sigh.  Glad I found this post.  I just wasted an hour trying to figure it out.  It would be nice if they made that clear in the UI of the software or something so users don't waste time trying to figure it out.

• 4.  RE: Vmware fusion 13, Set Advanced Processor Options

Posted Nov 28, 2022 08:22 PM

I believe it's in the release notes (it was for the tech preview).

• 5.  RE: Vmware fusion 13, Set Advanced Processor Options

Posted Aug 23, 2023 08:08 AM

Hi, would you mind me asking if it's got fixed yet? and also I cannot enable hyper-v either... 

• 6.  RE: Vmware fusion 13, Set Advanced Processor Options

Posted Aug 23, 2023 12:52 PM

If you have an M1 class processor (M1, M1 Pro, M1 Max, M1 Ultra), nested virtualization will never work as the hardware doesn't support it.

M2 class processors do have hardware support for nested virtualization but Apple hasn't it exposed it through their Hypervisor framework. Until Apple does that, VMware won't  be able to use it.